CSA-old rules, interim maintenance assessment

can anyone help us please,the csa want to arrest my husband :(

does anyone know how the interim maintenance assessment was calculated on the old rules for the NRP.
From info I can find it says £30 a week for 1 child, does anyone know if this is right,my husband is self employed,he owed the CSA almost £22,000 when I met him (4yrs arrears????)

thanks for any help and advice

Comments

• Interim Maintenance Assessments used to be used when an NRP wouldn't supply income details. They were very high in an effort to discourage non-compliance. I'm not sure how they were worked out but I know they would regularly be over £100 per week.

The default maintenance decision on new rules cases is £30 per week for one child, it could be this you have read about.

The CSA will change the IMA if your partner can supply evidence of his details. Has he contacted them about a reassessment?
  • WYSPECIAL
    WYSPECIAL Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A category C IMA is for £30. This is used where a self employed NRP is unable to provide income information through no fault of their own. usually because its a new business.
  • ekkygirl
    ekkygirl Posts: 514 Forumite
    My brother was under the old rules and had to pay about 80pw when he didnt earn that much. He didnt pay very regular (He should have) and now he pays even though his son in 28. It never goes away. He will be csa free this year.
  • The IMA imposed on my ex was £155 per week for 2 kids, as others have said they make them high to encourage the NRP to provide the relevant information to make a correct assessment.

If he didnt provide the info then these sort of arrears are going to build up, unfortunately for you guys once the L/O has been issued by the court they will proceed with various actions, bailiff, taking driving license/passport and if all that fails they do have the option of a committal order.

My only advise is that you need to contact the CSA NOW, give them the information that they have been waiting for and set up some kind of agreement to pay any re calculated arrears, him burying his head in the sand will not help this situation at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure