The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

Comments

• Hi Greenfingers

I love your posts they always make me laugh!

I don't often get £2 coins either, started the challenge last month, got one and then spent it so will try to get on the wagon again!

ITR
  • well i did have 2 till my mum 'borrowed' them lol, and they came back as 20ps and 10ps. But when i have them they go in my pink pig/cow and in my big frog i have 1ps and 2ps and in my little star piggy bank i have 5ps. I also have my huge camper van but i dont want to fill that as i am worried i will break it and i have waited 3 years for that money box.
  • Maisie
    Maisie Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    My OH has been collecting one of each new £2 design for a year or so and has a jar full. I haven't counted them. That's his pocket money!

If you want to collect one each of the different designs of £1 that's interesting to do and get the kids involved looking for them amongst the change.
  • miacat
    miacat Posts: 3,966 Forumite
    i have saved £30.00 in £2.00 coins since christmas, got one today and spent it because i did'nt want to break into a fiver now i feel really sad... :(
    i also save 20p and 5p and usually get around £95.oo saved a year which then goes into the kiddies saving account. :)
  • roswell
    roswell Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    we have saved £48 in £2 coins, In a 2 liter coke bottle with a slot cut in the neck

i think its called recycling :-)
    If it doesnt pay rent sell it.
    Mortgage - £2,000
    Updated - November 2012
  • Maisie
    Maisie Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    It's a great idea and you don't miss £2.
  • newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    i will start this as of today, i have tried to save them in the past but always end up spending them for something or another..............must try harder
  • What a good idea I'll start this too i have got one £2 coin I too like fairylights don't come across them very often so i'll save the ones I get as I'm sure I won't miss them.
    cc debt ( end dec 05) 6485 :eek:
    Currently:4475.73

Shopping for March
    Week 1: £46.74
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    A+L loan but as I have already paid the intrest no point in paying it off early(dont get one) so going to save, save, save when cc paid off

The £2.00 savers club:£24.00
  • gilly41
    gilly41 Posts: 909 Forumite
    Hi
    I have just got a piggy and started saving £2 coins. Only have £4 in so far!!
    Great thread!
    xx
    Sealed pot challenge 7...my number is 2144.....started Nov 29th ....
  • tango
    tango Posts: 13,110 Forumite
    i will make sure i ask for £2 coins in my change when i go shopping ;)
    Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure