<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    Options
    Surely not. Surely it's cheese soup.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pumpkin, chilli & coconut sounds fabulous...
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Parsniphead, can we call cheese fondue a cheese soup? Cheese and wine soup heaven.
    I quite like broccoli and stilton type soups but they don't like me.
    Greenbee and I have tried a few times but never quite managed to recreate it

Experiments of the last week:
    Economics of making butter from whipping cream. 96p for 900ml of reduced whipping cream, made 500ml of buttermilk and 15oz of butter. Frozen in small blocks so it doesn't go off in the fridge. Wear and tear on the kenwood? Cleaning up? I remember why I stopped making it last time.

Wholemeal flour - DS1 school project. D&DDs apple braid didn't work very well even on a half wholemeal half white basis, took about 4 hours to double so no use for school. He did fruited oatcakes instead which are equally cardboardish but he likes them so I think that is just me and my anti of wholemeal which I was brought up on. I've not even looked to see what he is doing Monday yet.

New project starts today. and runs till the festivities. Its a big commitment, but an interesting one so it should be ok. Too many opportunities to nip out and fritter in the city centre though. Good job I hate shopping...
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    That soup does sound tasty but would need to be light on the chilli for me. Fondue though - yep, that should qualify for sure - and you can have it with veg sticks too so there's your five a day sorted! :D

Butter making - we always use a large glass jar with the lid screwed on VERY tightly and just share the shaking. Works really well and gives you a workout at the same time - we do sometimes start it off with a bit of a whisk to make the process quicker mind! Not managed to lay hands on any cream for it for ages though - we always use double, I imagine whipping takes rather a long while?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Morning Redofromstart
    Know all about Feast or famine rollercoaster for SE work - I wouldn't need a diary if it weren't for that :D
    I'm also a fellow of the Society 'the world has ended' if there is no cheese in the fridge:). A table without cheese would really be the Table of Doom. :D

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey Redo my lovely how are you?! Talking about lovely food again I see. I love coconut! So anything with that in sounds delish. The squash soup with coconut sounds very appealing. I've made a butternut and chickpea coconut curry before, with coconut rice and that was amazing! OH doesn't like coconut, weird I know!

You'll be pleased to know we have 3 different types of cheese in the fridge which will be used over the next few weeks or frozen. Can you freeze applewood or Stilton?
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Pretty sure you can freeze almost any sort of cheese but some will come out quite crumbly and so might be better suited to soups or sauces when they're defrosted. :D

I must confess it rarely lasts long enough to get frozen in our house.... :D (Aside from the 2kg bag of "sample chunks" of Wyke Farms Vintage cheddar that was purchased for next to nothing at the Good Food Show last year - still working our way through that! :rotfl:)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oooh thanks, when OH is home the cheese disappears... But with the littlies having school dinners the cheese lasts for ages it seems!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    missy I freeze stilton, like EH says it can crumble a bit but great for cooking.

EH I was hoping DS would spot and bring one of those sample bags back but he didn't see them sadly. I've done the cream in a washed milk carton before but it takes forever and the boys get bored quickly. I have joint problems (yawn) and can't do it myself hence the constant kenwood use.
    Hi NoONeAround, yes SE is painful sometimes. We have got close to crashing a couple of times which is probably why I am self disciplined about do I really need things.

Juggling old project and new project this week, while trying to tick over on tedious.

Last night was freezer chilli again, and pasta for the boys. The little co-op obliged with some 75% off stuff on the way home so yet more mince in the freezer, pizza for DS1 and hot smoked salmon with prawns and salad for the adults. Or bacon, egg and wedges if he moans about cold dinner. Or seafood omelette. Yum
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooh... seafood omelette... Sounds yummy.

I have a Hello Fresh chicken & pasta thing. As I've just been for a run Fitbit tells me I can probably eat that AND have some wine to get me through the tedium of my work meeting tonight.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback