one day at a time

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh dear sorry to hear that about the weekend.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ooh thanks, but I'me fine, usually I am the one left carrying the aftermath of his problem but cant help but see the funny side especially as I can see he is feeling and looking quite stupid....will he learn from it? hmm I think not! but I am sure to get a few weeks of sobriety and peace whilst he licks his wounds, so I am definitely going to make the most of it..... Only problem is I'm sure people think its me who's clobbered him lol not that it hasn't crossed my mind at times.......;) xx
  • safehouse
    Early morning.....allergies creeping in....:mad:
    Watching the news this morning and has reminded me.... I must chase up my PPI claim on my previous mortgage company, waiting months for news, still not received!....also turned down for 2 previous loans OH had taken out few years ago "apparently happens all the time" so need to pass to the ombudsman..........................Ooh I on a mission now so will get to it today :D.
    I am going to try to ignore the fact we have another weekend upon us today. OH still bending over backwards, hasn't put a foot wrong all week :eek:..., and spending lots of quality time with DS which is nice. Saturday they are going to the cinema together so I will actually have a Saturday evening for me,me,me.....pamper and relaxation whoo hoo.................:j
  • safehouse
    edited 13 May 2016 at 4:30PM
    Paid almost £1,000 from mortgage savings to CC today:eek: ................not joking.....I am in shock, but due to my 0% I just realized I needed to get balance below £3,000 or interest about to rocket ....not easy taking cash from my mortgage savings but sensible thing to do in the long run really ..... :D
    Still not looked into my PPI and feeling to tired now, will push myself over the weekend ;)
    DS had his dentist appointment today and I promised to foot the bill, I had been told on his last appointment he needed work amounting to over £100, then after his appointment I walked over to receptionist card in hand expecting this whopping bill but what a lovely surprise charge of only £35 marvelous :T. Then proceeded to nag DS all the way home about looking after his teeth in the future....

Now the bad news.....Silly, silly spend bought laminate £210 for bedroom, Have justified the spend by the saved interest on CC and the £65 I managed to save on DS teeth......couldn't help myself, as its the only room left with a grimy carpet and very naughty as still ignoring electrics problem ..................:o
    Then almost had major slip up and bought 2 new wardrobes £400....Whoo....came to my senses just in time and bought a tin of furniture creamy white wood paint instead.... when I got home and checked the receipt I had not been charged for it....Haaaa is it really Friday 13th. Only need to emulsion the ceiling (left over white emulsion in shed, paint the skirting boards, the door and window frames and 2 wardrobes with my free paint, then paint walls with a lovely moss green emulsion (£3 in the sale last year) which I also found in the shed and whoo hoo new bedroom. Goodbye orange pine furniture!!. Still need to buy light fitting, some door knobs for my new look wardrobes ...Oh and a quilt set, throw and rug with a matching green look.... will check out carbooty tomorrow, everything, well except the flooring I am hoping to get as cheap as possible...that's the plan anyway;)
    Also saved £7 on my usual face creams today, selling half price in Wilkooos so bought 2:D
    So quite a funny day today a real mixed bag, but a nice day all the same, even if my mortgage savings have dropped dramatically :D:D ........
    Happy weekend everyone....me too I hope ;)

DS 0…. CC 2,980 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£64,700 paid £35,300 remaining.... EF £10
  • Bobarella
    Well done on paying such a chunk off the cc.

• safehouse
    Thank you Bobarella, must admit it is nice to finally get my cc under the £3,000 mark :D Xx

Up 5am this morning, not by choice.....DS blooming budgie which has the most horrendous squawk you have ever heard decided to sing its lungs out along with the first ray of sunshine, Hmm thought budgies were supposed to have a nice little tweet................
    Supposed to be having a nice family day out today, carboot and nice bar meal somewhere OH idea, must admit he is still really trying hard to make up for last week......but for me its a bit like sleeping with one eye open lol ;)
    Hoping to make a start on painting project later today, dado and skirting ......
    Oh well, off my backside....lots of house work to do, so should really make an early start.

S 0…. CC 2,980 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£64,700 paid £35,300 remaining.... EF £10
  • Hope today goes well Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • safehouse
    edited 14 May 2016 at 4:46PM
    Ahhh bless.... Thankyou Lucky.....you too, sounds like you have had a pretty rough few days..........Xx
  • safehouse
    edited 17 May 2016 at 4:04PM
    What a hectic few days haven't had a minute to myself DSis is recovering from an operation and just discharged from hospital, so I have been helping her out with my Florence Nightingale routine.
    OH seems to be putting off work at every given opportunity the last few days, hanging around the house and around my feet, I am at the point of wanting to scream :mad: .... I need my space!!
    I want to get on with my painting but instead of OH picking up a paint brush and giving a hand, he would rather wander around the room jumping from one whinge to the next....Oh sorry everyone .... but desperately need to sound off. Maybe if I buy myself some ear plugs Lol...................
    Anyway planning my escape tonight Thank goodness......Bingo night with Dsis 2 and Dneice planned instead of the usual Monday night...Freedom!!
    Have been quite good regarding spends since floor purchase. DS wanting a day out shopping tomorrow, which means he shops and I pay....well I don't mind actually he deserves a nice day out now and again and he never really asks for much. I have some discount vouchers I can use for lunch, so as-long as I make no major spendys why not, anyway would like a nice look around my charity shops.....think I may have actually talked myself into it now Lol :o:o
  • Bobarella
    Hope DH will be out from under your feet soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport