Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Argh, the new trainers I bought over Easter weekend have rubbed my heel :( going to have to invest in plasters and wear the trainers with thick socks to wear them in a bit.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Hi everyone

Have been remarkably absent due to not spending anything on clothes yet this year. OMG cannot believe I am able to say that. But in all honesty, it is only due to the fact that every time I think I "must pick up .....", I think of this challenge and find another way round it.

Unfortunately if the weather doesn't get better I'm going to have to buy a new winter coat! I was expecting to have retired the current one to the bin by now, it is looking a bit frayed and has practically no waterproof-ness left. Thankfully the thick tights are still holding up.

I think the undies are finally going to need replacing. So I may be back next time to report a spend.

Take care
    Miss DM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. Reporting in that I spent £9.95 on socks yesterday. It may seem a lot for only 3 pairs but they are 100% bamboo so are really comfy, stay fresh and last ages.

I've updated my signature.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ok.... sooo.... that +51.83 I spent it ... and some.
    Got an Oasis dress for the christening/wedding/ladies day 20% off so only £44 it's gorgeous! and it fits perfectly <3 and I struggle to find dresses I like and that suit me and fit me properly so when it did I couldn't not get it. (Plus I fitted into an Oasis dress!)
    And then I spent the rest in Selfridges, but in the Primark bit! Got a pale blue jacket to wear with the dress, and to wear for my birthday this weekend only £17. It's a little snug on the arms so will hopefully still fit me for a bit longer.

anyway I'm back into the minuses... *does maths* - £9.17 oops... But!! I'm waiting for £8 from two items on ebay so really it's only - £1.17 ;) and I have an ever growing list of things to list on there.

My wardrobe is also looking a little emptier (which is a good thing) as I've been dumping my too big stuff on my sisters bed for her to try :)
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Soooooo - I bought a down jacket today £32 TK Maxx - so light, warm and comfortable and a beautiful colour - I've already worn it and felt great in it. I also replaced my old dead trainers £27.99. £59.99 to add to my total !!!
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • 498louise
    498louise Posts: 67 Forumite
    Please count me in. I am going to be on a very tight budget at least for the next couple of months so can't really afford to be spending any money on clothing. However that's probably unrealistic as I know that I will at least need new winter boots this year. I am going to set myself a £90 budget (£10 a month) and plan to subsidise anything else with b'day money and/or selling clothing.
    NSD Dec: 0/15
    Make £1 a day in Dec: £0/£31
    Credit Card1: £0.00
    Credit Card2:
    Bank Loan: £0
  • Lumanous
    Lumanous Posts: 132 Forumite
    I like the idea of this challenge but I realised reading through the suggested rules at the start that I've already been doing this for many years!! In one way I am proud of what I've been able to achieve but in another just shows how easy it is to get far away from what other people tend to do for their shopping habits etc. (not saying a good or a bad thing, I think there are elements of both) When I was younger I used to shop all the time and new etc., would look for sales of course but was so much freer. Now the norm is so much different than I would have known 10-15 years back. I think I've gotten myself back into a reasonable/compromised state for clothes. Still will always try to sell on and cycle buying and selling but also taking away some guilt in the sense that I am actually allowed new things sometimes! Did sell a huge bundle of over 200 pieces of clothing this year as a start (although donated half the profits). Got a few more bundles but will need to wait until a bit later in the year to sell items again.

This year will be mostly non-buying as I'm hoping I can use everything I have and have some specific jobs coming up which I think I already have full wardrobes for. Hopefully very little spend needed (although I won't sign up to the challenge yet as I won't be able to be online much for a few months).

I'll wish the rest of you Good Luck and I shall keep checking in :)
    :A
    No, my username is not a typo :tongue:
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    498louise wrote: »
    Please count me in. I am going to be on a very tight budget at least for the next couple of months so can't really afford to be spending any money on clothing. However that's probably unrealistic as I know that I will at least need new winter boots this year. I am going to set myself a £90 budget (£10 a month) and plan to subsidise anything else with b'day money and/or selling clothing.

Welcome to the challenge, you are number 37.

Good luck :)
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Big spend (and first of the year) yesterday....

Got myself a new waterproof jacket (which I mentioned a while back I needed) with a detachble fleece. Cost me £99 :eek: Saw a couple of possibles at £60 and £70, mainly cheaper as neither had a fleece (which I didn't really need). But the last few waterproofs I've had (various makes) have proven nigh on impossible to re-proof, and this one is the same make as my OH has had for at least 10 years - that being just 1 jacket that he's re-proofed with no problems every 1-2 years. He'd recently bought himself a new one as the old one was starting to wear in places, and mine is the ladies version of the same design. Got a different colour though :)

At the moment the only other thing I think I'll almost certainly need this year is a pair of trainers for general knocking around.
    Cheryl
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    somerandom wrote: »
    Soooooo - I bought a down jacket today £32 TK Maxx - so light, warm and comfortable and a beautiful colour - I've already worn it and felt great in it.

I'm not sure how I ever coped without a down jacket - so light and so warm!! I've ordered a black one now :eek:
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport