Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Cheers Sparky!

Today has been a NSD :j. Much needed too! Feeling the pinch now til Tuesday :(.

One of DH's old school friends came to visit this afternoon with his family. They live in London so we usually only see them at weddings etc. He said he could see an improvement in DH since the last time (2.5yrs ago), so that was nice to hear. However, it also proved that some of DH's longer term memories have also been impaired. We thought it was the last 15 years or so that had been affected, but DH struggled to remember some of the stories his mate was retelling from 20years+ ago.

GP has increased DH's 'zonk out' meds as he is waking super early again (3-4am) and rarely gets back to sleep.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Got the letter yesterday which confirms we won't be asked to pay anything for any help from Social Services for DH :j.

Went to a modified car show yesterday, which was a deal I bought from Gr0up0n a few weeks ago. There were lots of fairground rides too which were all free (included in entry price), which the boys loved. It was really good and well worth the £15 for the family ticket. I was mighty glad I'd bought the ticket when I could afford it though, as we have about £2 to last until Tuesday!!

Work last night was fine :D.
  • Great news re social services and sounded like you all had a fab day at car show. I love groupon :D
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,244 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Didn't think you would have to pay towards social services as we don't pay for Mr SA's carer and I work full time. Glad work has calmed down as you need the normality (and I bet the money comes in handy). Sounds like a fab day out at the car show plus the free shopping day. Things are looking up :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Eek SA, don't say things like that :eek::rotfl:.

Had my last counselling session this morning. Disappointed it's come to an end as it really helped and I've found it insightful, but feel fine to stop now as I'm feeling much more myself and that I've dealt with my mountains of issues!! Was going to take the Counsellor some flowers to say thank you (she had been volunteering her time for free), but really couldn't afford them, so took some earrings out of my stash of gifts instead, and a card.

Can't wait to have pennies in my purse again tomorrow!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good idea on earrings :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks Beanie :cool:.

Yesterday we went to Beamish with the free pass from Mum's work. It was super busy, too busy really, but we had a nice few hours. Took a packed lunch and MiL paid for the kids to go on the carousel etc, so no spends for us while we were there. Not a NSD though, as I did the food shop and paid for chub club.

Lost another pound so 3 stone 10lbs.

DH has been quite vague the last few days. We watched a programme called Young Epilepsy on Monday night and he got very depressed seeing things from the other side.

DS1 is really pushing my buttons just now! Robin, what herbal stuff can transform him back into my lovely little boy from the snarling/angry/tearful/hormonal sloth he has become????
  • sammr85
    sammr85 Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Lucky, I have finally caught up with your diaries after reading them both fully for the past month!!

Well done on your continued weight loss and being an all round super-woman! I have no idea how you do it.

Will go back into lurking and will hopefully stay caught up!
    Total Debt at LBM - £19107.03
    Total now - £11091.22
  • Oh my goodness sam, can't believe you've read them both!! Hope it didn't bore you too much! Please stay out of lurkdom though, I need all the lovely friends I can get :D.

Yesterday we went to a park in Morpeth. It was fab, sun shining, plenty for the kids etc. Took MiL's dog as she was at the hairdressers so he would have been stuck in most of the day. We took a picnic but still spent £8, as there were bouncy slides etc for the boys and then they wanted doughnuts from a van that was making them fresh (must admit they smelt devine!). I also bought DH a coffee as I'm worried he isn't drinking enough at the moment :(.

According to the national weather we are the only ones in England to have sun today rather than a weather warning for heavy rain, so ( not to rub it in) we are going to head to the beach and make the most of it. The rain is due with us by tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you had a good day yesterday.
    Enjoy the beech today :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback