Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• gymbo
    gymbo Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, going to Vegas in a couple of weeks and we are hoping to hire a car for a couple of days. We're staying at the Bellagio and would appreciate any advice as to whether it's best to pre book before we go or wait till we're there. Thank you
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gymbo wrote: »
    Hi, going to Vegas in a couple of weeks and we are hoping to hire a car for a couple of days. We're staying at the Bellagio and would appreciate any advice as to whether it's best to pre book before we go or wait till we're there. Thank you

Pre booking is the way to go. Lots of info on the first few pages.
  • gracie10
    gracie10 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taking our girls for the 3rd time this summer, they will be 12 and 9. We always book a queen room and then one of us will go and check in so no need to check the kids in. Only issue we have this year is we have breakast included at the encore, obviously that will just be for the two of us so not quite sure how to work that one yet?!
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just come back, had step-daughter with us....
    Had a rollaway bed (roll crib as MGM resorts call it) in Monte Carlo... Housekeeping dont issue the beds, u get transfered to Front desk, so u cant escape the charge (although i got the rate down to $15+ tax a night, it was irrelivant as i get my charges waived)....

Luxor we had queen suite, so 2 big beds.... :)

Dont mention kids at any MGM hotel check-in, they like to add $35 a night when there is a 3rd person in the room... tip housekeeping for extra towels ! :D
  • lous_2
    lous_2 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    How did you find the Luxor? It's on my shortlist.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I like the luxor a lot...
    Stayed there 4 times now, had standard Queen, Pyramid Suite and the Luxury Suite.
    All 3 rooms are good and good size too (lux suite is separate bedroom).

Reasons why we like it, is because of the VIP pool. And just the pools in general.
  • dannodw
    dannodw Posts: 716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all, quick question.

Currently planning and booking what will be my second trip for November. It'll be 3 of us this time sharing a double queen room.

When doing some hotel quotes with 2 people in that room the prices are a good wedge cheaper than if booking with 3 people. My question is can you get away with booking for two adults and having 3 in the room?

Oh and whilst I'm here, is 4 hotels for a two week stay a bit OTT?

Haven't been since 2015 but have managed to book 3 nights at the MGM and 3 nights at the Bellagio, all fully comped bar the resort fees. Was going to book 4 nights at The Linq and and trying to working out the remaining hotel having not ruled out downtown yet if any one has suggestions!

Just realised, this isn't a quick question!! Thanks in advance though.
  • Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    We arrived in Vegas yesterday.

We were disappointed that all the lounges at Manchester were full. That's the problem with priority pass, you can't pre-book so have to take a chance. We were fairly late getting to the airport though so didn't have much time to use up.

Flight with Virgin was good, as ever. Unusually, despite having an absolute idiot on the plane giving the cabin crew grief they didn't stop serving alcohol. This meant I drank more than I ever have on a flight (still only five drinks total, I'm not exactly Oliver Reed!) and slept a lot. Was very satisfying, when we landed, to hear the pilot giving aforementioned idiot a telling off over the tannoy and then see him marched off the plane by security.

We used Uber for the first time from the airport to the hotel - just as easy as everyone said, we'll definitely be using them on the return.

Arrived at Palazzo around 3:30 I think, no line at check-in. I asked about a late check-out and as reported by SecretMachines extending it to 1pm was complimentary - those two hours will make a big difference on Sunday. Our suite is just gorgeous, I don't think photos do it justice; everything is perfect and we have a lovely view over the Wynn golf course towards the mountains.

Last night we ate at Blondies (Groupon). The food was decent (I had blackened salmon and broccoli, hubs had a pizza) and with two cokes the bill, excluding tip, was just under the value of the Groupon - $50 - brilliant value as the Groupon cost I think $10 with a code. I wouldn't eat there again though, far too loud and a bit rough around the edges.

Today we had breakfast at the Spice Market buffet (Travelzoo) and just had dinner at Grand Lux (paid full price - shocker!). Spice Market was good, we usually eat there at least once each trip. Really impressed with Grand Lux, beautiful restaurant, great service, lovely food and excellent value.

Suffering with Vegas nose this trip so I've just been to buy saline spray from Walgreens, now settling in and watching Jimmy Fallon before bed.

Will try to post something every few days as I'm rubbish at getting around to writing full reports. Night all x
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wow, good luck to anyone out there in that weather! Upto 47C and 30C at midnight!
  • englandcrew
    englandcrew Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,
    Love this thread.

I have always wanted to go Vegas and have been saving for years. I plan on going May 2018 with my wife.

I have been reading and taking notes from the thread but would like some advice please.

I will be downloading the myVegas app, gives me plenty of time to build up.
    Is there anything else I should download now?

I have checked flights with virgin and they are £800 each roughly or they do hotel and flights for around £1200 staying at the Bellagio.
    Do you guys normally book flights and hotels separately? I have checked hotels and they seem expensive and work out a lot more if doing them separately. Is there any tips to finding cheaper rooms? When would you look to book?

Is five nights enough for a first time?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family