Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    My Santander Regular eSaver has matured today, and been converted to an Everyday Saver account. There's no sign of any interest though. Is there normally a delay for this to appear? (or perhaps I'm just being impatient, and it'll be there by the end of the day!)

Mine was due to mature on the 14th - didn't check to see what the account was called though.
    Today, it's an Everyday Saver and interest is there fine.

Also, you can open the current 3% version straight away online unlike last year :-)
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ctdctd wrote: »
    Mine was due to mature on the 14th - didn't check to see what the account was called though.
    Today, it's an Everyday Saver and interest is there fine.
    Thanks.
    Also, you can open the current 3% version straight away online unlike last year :-)
    Yes, I know. Already done!
    Stompa
  • mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

That's a big improvement - thanks for the heads up.
    Had been building myself up to that phone-call, so this is a nice relief. Probably for the throats of the call handlers too!
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My Santander Regular eSaver has matured today, and been converted to an Everyday Saver account. There's no sign of any interest though.

Ditto - I rang and it will be added tonight apparently.

However, to my mind the interest was owed on the regular saver and should have been added to the regular saver before it was converted to an everyday saver.
  • Tayloriw1
    Tayloriw1 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hello i have lloyds and nationwide plus a BOS regular saver when they all mature, can i reopen new ones with same banks ??
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 12:50PM
    Options
    Not had my interest paid either by Santander even though the account has changed to an esaver overnight. All they could tell me is that it will "probably" be added overnight, and that they would investigate it and call me back on Monday (!).

On closer examination, I think it's correct that my interest doesn't get paid until tomorrow, as the T&Cs say "interest is .......added to this account annually on the anniversary of account opening", and my account was opened on March 16 2016. It appears that Santander are confusing everyone by changing the account to an esaver a day before the anniversary. They did write to me a couple of weeks ago though to say the account would mature today.

EDIT: Interest appeared in my account today, March 16. All's well then, despite the confusion they introduced by renaming the account yesterday.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tayloriw1 wrote: »
    Hello i have lloyds and nationwide plus a BOS regular saver when they all mature, can i reopen new ones with same banks ??
    If they still offer them and the T&Cs allow it, yes you can.
  • Stompa
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    ...as the T&Cs say "interest is .......added to this account annually on the anniversary of account opening", and my account was opened on March 16 2016.
    Mine was opened on the 15th though.
    Stompa
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    .added to this account annually

But it's not being added to "this" account where "this" account was the regular saver, which is the point I was making above.
  • Stompa
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    Ditto - I rang and it will be added tonight apparently.
    Thanks.
    xylophone wrote: »
    However, to my mind the interest was owed on the regular saver and should have been added to the regular saver before it was converted to an everyday saver.
    I agree, though I notice that despite the account type having been redesignated, the account number remains unchanged.
    Stompa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport