PPPay.com - Is it A Scam?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    lucid2008 wrote: »
    Lot of 1 post members on this thread very dubious

It's an ebid thing. Although I do question their way of getting new people to sign up, as seller (and i'm already registered on ebid) I don't think the following statement will help ebid at all and might persuade sellers who were thinking about ebid to stay away:
    and you can get better bargains as there is not as much competition for the goods.

So basically join ebid and sell your items for less...hmm, doesn't quite have a ring to it as a sales pitch does it?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • val4xx
    val4xx Posts: 78 Forumite
    rtX wrote: »
    Wondered if anyone had used PPPay.com? If so, how was the experience and is it a scam? I cannot find anything on a google search but it seems to be closely linked with ebid.net and I do not know them either!
    Many thanks.
    No it's not a scam, it's a payment processer owned by ebid , one of many different payment opyions you can use there. I find pppay a little expensive and try and encourage my ebid buyers to pay using google checkout where possible :cool:
    There is no such word as "bidded". I bid, you bid, they bid, Ebid ;)
  • val4xx
    lucid2008 wrote: »
    Lot of 1 post members on this thread very dubious
    What a strange thing to say??? I don't see why you think it's 'dubious? it's very easy to google and research both ebid and pppay and to see that both a re regulated legitimate companies.
  • val4xx
    melorac wrote: »
    rtX,
    You probably answered your own question by posting OP, and your own gut reaction. Surely if you think something is a scam, it is better to err on the side of caution, and not get involved with that site.
    it's always sensible to check a sellers feedback before bidding - whatever auction site you are using. However that's no reason not to use a whole site.! the whole purpose of mse.com is to help people save money. why would you recommend someone doesn't buy from a site where thousands of buyers have found great bargains and bought from sellers with excellent feedback records?

For those that don't know ebid.net is the second largest online auction site in the UK with over half a million members, and 2 million listings on the UK site at the moment.
  • rtX wrote: »
    I am certain that the sarcasm of those who responded to my original post has its audience. For the sake of clarity, I was asking about people's experience of PPPay.com and whether they had had any problems with them. I have only used PayPal and Google Checkout previously. I wanted to know if PPPay is a scam. I could not find anything suggesting it was a scam when I did a Google search (as I said in my original post), and although I did not record how many hits there were when I searched on the name (apparently "36,600"), I did bother going to the first fifteen or so pages and many of them were to ebid.net who I had not heard of (I use ebay), or were links to "news" sites I did not know either. I searched the BBC website and got no hits at all. Whether you choose to believe me or not, is your choice and is more a reflection of your cynicism than of my integrity. However, I do know this: If I was asked on a forum about something about which I know, by someone who has clearly less knowledge, I would not immediately assume that they were either disingenuous or stupid, and would in the first instance try and help them rather than ridicule them. And incidentally, someone elsewhere did just that, and I am now more enlightened about both PPPay.com and ebid.net. I would encourage you to consider what has put you in a place where you are unable to respond helpfully to what may just be a naive posting.
    An honest and adult response. I do get irritated by the puerile personal insults that get posted on most forums. Kudos to you for not sniping back but giving an intelligent response instead.
  • val4xx
    It's important to note that the quoted reply is from 2007.

I would ask anyone with any queries about pppay NOW to ask fresh questions- either here or on ebid.net forums. pppay are owned by ebid.net
  • Gonna
    Gonna Posts: 1 Newbie
    Just to keep the record straight
    I think you will find that incorrect.

There are only two gentlemen who own equal shares of PPPay Ltd (com) they are the only two owners. e-Bid has no connection in that direction.

It just so happens that they are both major (the major) shareholders in e-Bid
    which has other shareholders of varying names some with personal names and some with company names.

For a current view you are correct in pointing people to e-Bid forums - Electronic Payment Methods.

It is also worthwhile using google with its syntax properly and searching for whatever connection to PPPay.com (Ltd) is required i.e good or bad reports.

BTW the footer on the opening page of PPPay.com is also incorrect. That is not the registered office (check companies house), and I quote from the FSA " they have no connection/certification from the FSA at all", the number quoted is Companies house register less the leading zero.

As you may see I have had some dealings with the firm and the above information may help people contact them as there is no teleohone contact allowed.

Cheers
  • rtX wrote: »
    Wondered if anyone had used PPPay.com? If so, how was the experience and is it a scam? I cannot find anything on a google search but it seems to be closely linked with ebid.net and I do not know them either!
    Many thanks.

hi all , as a company we listed 150 items on e bid to the value of £10.000 , opening the site took hours and hours of work , after selling the first item at just under £1000.00 , and gaining payment with pppay com , from the buyer , without any warning we where locked out of pppay.com , site closed , and pppay.com stole the money in the account we complained to e bid , and as a result our e bid site was locked down , where do u go from here , there are no phone numbers to call , and no customer services , to complain to . . . pppay.com are nothing short of scam artists and crooks . . bring in the police . . . anyone with any replys . . please . T .
    so both us and the customer loose our money , , and there is nothing we can do about it all e mails to pppay.com and e bid . . are just not responded to . . . help . . .
  • hi all , as a company we listed 150 items on e bid to the value of £10.000 , opening the site took hours and hours of work , after selling the first item at just under £1000.00 , and gaining payment with pppay com , from the buyer , without any warning we where locked out of pppay.com , site closed , and pppay.com stole the money in the account we complained to e bid , and as a result our e bid site was locked down , where do u go from here , there are no phone numbers to call , and no customer services , to complain to . . . pppay.com are nothing short of scam artists and crooks . . bring in the police . . . anyone with any replys . . please . T .
    so both us and the customer loose our money , , and there is nothing we can do about it all e mails to pppay.com and e bid . . are just not responded to . . . help . . .

hi im using pppay.com and have bin doing for years, iv had no problems with them other than slow email reply and two software errors that they had trouble fixing so all seems ok but i see your very recent coment and went and checked my account its got some error on it saying Your account is currently inaccessible witch is just what paypal did when they shut down and stole my money so wanted to know when your happend how long ago was it as iv had payment a few weeks ago from them but dont like the looks of this error
  • val4xx
    hi all , as a company we listed 150 items on e bid to the value of £10.000 , opening the site took hours and hours of work , after selling the first item at just under £1000.00 , and gaining payment with pppay com , from the buyer , without any warning we where locked out of pppay.com , site closed , and pppay.com stole the money in the account we complained to e bid , and as a result our e bid site was locked down , where do u go from here , there are no phone numbers to call , and no customer services , to complain to . . . pppay.com are nothing short of scam artists and crooks . . bring in the police . . . anyone with any replys . . please . T .

A couple of things.. You say in your post that both you and the customer have lost money? That doesn't make sense as your customer will have the goods so has lost nothing? If they don't have the goods then you shouldn't have the money? What i suspect has happened here is either you have offered pppay escrow as a payment option, which means pppay won't release the money until your customer has confirmed they have received the goods; or your customer has not verified their pppay account meaning the customer still has the money, maybe they've decided it's a bit unwise to buy a £1000 item from a new seller and have taken this as an opportunity to back out of the sale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure