Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 5:55PM
    Options
    Which airline from which country? From which airport to which airport. delay time also. Post your flight details.
  • Marcus-H_2
    Options
    Which airline from which country? From which airport to which airport. delay time also. Post your flight details.

its all in another thread (the other EU airlines). Enter Air & based in Poland.
    point being, airline will not budge without proof of boarding passes - ie they will not accept e-ticket & refuse to contact Swissport (their handling agent at the airport) who have retained the manifest at my request. So I need to take them to EU court. however 22 pax * €400 = €8800 & well above the the small claims limit. I was advised as we are all one booking, it would not be possible to break up the claim into individuals. I tried NWNF (ie botts) & they was not interested!
    Trying with a NWNF Polish lawyer, but its a complete breakdown in communications!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marcus-H wrote: »
    wonder if someone can advise me - while my claim is not with RyanAir, it is with an airline with no UK Presence - however my claim is for 22 passengers all on one booking. So not sure where to start as Small Claims limit is only 2000 euros.
    So should be along the same principles following the guide. Just no idea where to start!

Hi,

Have you read this great guide by Dr Watson...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64457359&postcount=569

It's designed with Ryanair in mind but the principal for claiming within Europe is the same I believe.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • maturelearner
    Options
    Ryan air said they would pay out a full refund for delayed flight from Dublin via Resolver but status of complaint on their website says awaiting customer response. I have uploaded scanned documents including boarding passes twice, receipts from airports and bank details. I have had no reply or acknowledge since uploading boarding passes 6 days ago. Can anyone advise why and what to do next?
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marcus-H wrote: »
    its all in another thread (the other EU airlines). Enter Air & based in Poland.
    point being, airline will not budge without proof of boarding passes - ie they will not accept e-ticket & refuse to contact Swissport (their handling agent at the airport) who have retained the manifest at my request. So I need to take them to EU court. however 22 pax * €400 = €8800 & well above the the small claims limit. I was advised as we are all one booking, it would not be possible to break up the claim into individuals. I tried NWNF (ie botts) & they was not interested!
    Trying with a NWNF Polish lawyer, but its a complete breakdown in communications!

Marcus-H,
    Welcome to the RA forum, point taken that your claim is against another airline, and they seem 'difficult' to deal with as RA can be.
    For your claim my advice is:-
    Set the ball rolling with 3 of your travelling companions (4 X 400 =€1600) and below the threshold for ESCP claims.
    You act as lead appellant for your 3 companions, (make sure they countersign Form A though).
    Go through the process and hopefully get a result.
    Then using the result in your favour, enter further claims using ESCP for the rest of your companions, of course, keeping the claims threshold under €2000.
    I'm unaware of any reason why the block booking cannot be broken up into separate claims, what if I travelled with you and I didn't want to claim? So that's it for the other 21 travellers?

Let's get a (albeit non higher court) precedent set and then make claims for the rest.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Simmo71
    Simmo71 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I'm hoping somebody on here might be able to tell me if I have a valid claim against Ryanair... I was delayed a couple of weeks ago on a Ryanair flight from Manchester to Greece, by 3hrs 20mins. The first 1.5 hours was at the airport, which Ryanair subsequently said was due to the aircraft being late back to Manchester from its previous destination Barcelona. Once on board the aircraft we were delayed another 1.5hrs - this time Ryanair told us the refueling truck had broken down, and then they were unable to get a 'push-back crew' to push the plane back off the gate, and subsequently missed the take-off slot.

Would these be classed as beyond Ryanair's control and therefore invalidate a claim?

Thanks in advance
    Simmo
  • Simmo71
    Simmo71 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I can see how they would argue that the refueling truck breakdown was beyond their control, but surely it's Ryanair's responsibility to ensure their aircraft are fueled, not that of Manchester Airport?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So long as your delay - arrival time difference dictates - was outside of 180 minutes you have, IMO, a perfectly valid claim. Read Vauban's Guide and then decide on how to pursue your claim.
  • BethanyA
    Options
    Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, my flight (less than 1500km) was cancelled by Ryanair about 1hr30 before its scheduled departure. We were eventually put on a flight to an alternative destination, about 200km from our original arrival airport. We landed at the re-routed arrival airport almost 5 hours after we were originally scheduled to arrive, and then had to travel on public transport 200km to our planned destination; we arrived at our destination 9 hours after we had been scheduled to.

I have put in 2 claims, first for our expenses (public transport and reasonable food costs during the delay) and secondly for the 250 euros compensation for each passenger.

Ryanair have paid our expenses with no qualms but are refusing to pay out compensation. Initially they said this was because the flight cancellation was due to extraordinary circumstances. These extraordinary circumstances are that on the morning of the flight, a cargo plane from a different airline crashed at our arrival airport. However, the airport had reopened and was fully operating 1 hour before the time Ryanair cancelled our flight, had been open for almost 3 hours by the time we were due to depart and numerous other flights landed at the airport throughout the morning (Ryanair was the only airline to cancel any flights). I wrote to Ryanair with evidence of the airport being reopened and other flights landing at the airport, suggesting that the cancellation of our flight was not due to the accident at our arrival airport, as other flights both departed and arrived at the airport throughout the morning, and long before our flight was due to have landed or even departed from the UK.

Ryanair's reply to my letter appeared to accept this, and instead suggested that as we were re-routed, no monetary compensation is due... but as far as I can tell, even though we were re-routed, we arrived at our scheduled destination more than 2 hours after the scheduled time, so we are still due compensation? I've written back stating this, but feel like we're going round in circles! Sorry for the long post but can anyone advise me on whether I should pursue this/ am due compensation?

Many thanks in advance.

Bethany
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    try putting your flight details (including the replacement flight) into a couple of the NWNF sites (EUClaim Bottonline both have free checkers)
    If they both confirm compensation is due, hunt this thread for the European Court Process for Ryanair or hand it to one of he NWNF firms in return for % of claim
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback