Lloyds TSB PrivacyGuard and Subject Access Request

Hi MSE's

I have an arguement going on with Lloyds regarding a PrivacyGuard policy they set-up which I did not agree to. Anyways long story short I referred it the FSO but they have concluded not to uphold the complaint based on lack of evidence.

The thing is, they called me, either Lloyd or PG asking if I wanted the policy and I said No and the reply was it's free for a month I will send you the papers, to which I responded "Send what you want I still dont want it" upon receiving the papers I telephoned LLoyds/PG telling them I didn't want it and I was told to send the papers back,. To which I did, now some months later, I discovered they had been taken payments for this and it sent my account over it's limit.

Obviously I called them and they said I agreed to it, to which I said send me a transcript of the conversation, which I never got, so after a few backwards and forwards I referred it to the FSO.

Now I want all the information they hold on me so I can see where I agreed to it? Surely they should have it in their records somewhere and if not then shouldn't that prove enought doubt.

So does anybody know the address I need to send my SAR to?

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    rexx wrote: »
    Hi MSE's

I have an arguement going on with Lloyds regarding a PrivacyGuard policy they set-up which I did not agree to. Anyways long story short I referred it the FSO but they have concluded not to uphold the complaint based on lack of evidence.

The thing is, they called me, either Lloyd or PG asking if I wanted the policy and I said No and the reply was it's free for a month I will send you the papers, to which I responded "Send what you want I still dont want it" upon receiving the papers I telephoned LLoyds/PG telling them I didn't want it and I was told to send the papers back,. To which I did, now some months later, I discovered they had been taken payments for this and it sent my account over it's limit.

Obviously I called them and they said I agreed to it, to which I said send me a transcript of the conversation, which I never got, so after a few backwards and forwards I referred it to the FSO.

Now I want all the information they hold on me so I can see where I agreed to it? Surely they should have it in their records somewhere and if not then shouldn't that prove enought doubt.

So does anybody know the address I need to send my SAR to?

Thanks

Hi there
    And how annoying for you........:mad:, they are defo trying it on with you, so yes a SAR would be helpful.

Address that I would use is here for the SAR Request:
    LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC
    DSAR TEAM
    CUSTOMER SERVICES
    RECOVERY TEAM
    CHARLTON PLACE C57
    ANDOVER
    HAMPSHIRE
    SP10 1RE

And SAR letter here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

Good luck please keep us posted.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • rexx
    rexx Posts: 18 Forumite
    Thank you very, very much for your response. I will get this sent of post haste. :beer:
  • di3004
    rexx wrote: »
    Thank you very, very much for your response. I will get this sent of post haste. :beer:

Your very welcome.
    Wishing you luck.:beer:
  • sharpdeath
    sharpdeath Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    If you got sent papers, and you sent them back then obviously you didn't sign them. How did they manage to take money out of your account with unsigned papers?
    All the time you're watching your back, you can never look forward...
  • rexx
    rexx Posts: 18 Forumite
    I don't know that's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of??

The only thing I can conclude is that because TSB were flogging the SafeGuard and I have an account with TSB then they 'assumed' the bank details!!!

My recollections are a bit sketchy I just recall that TSB called asking me if I want safeguard I said no they said they would send the papers anyway (beacuse it was a free trial to start with) I said "send what you want I still don't want it."

They sent them, I called on receipt, again saying I didn't want it and they told me to send the papers back... which I did, next thing I know I get a letter saying my account was overdrawn and fees had been applied, so I called them only to discover it had gone over because they had taken a payment for PrivacyGuard?

I don't use this account for anything other than paying a few bills which amount to a few pounds under 260 quid each month, no overdraft, so each month I sent over 260 quid - no reason to think anything would go wrong... my bad should've been more on the ball. Anyway because I left a few pounds in each month if mounted up a bit to cover the first few payments of privacyguard, so they had been taking it for a while until I realised.

Like I said I know its my fault for not checking my account every month but I had no concern with it, the money went the bills got paid... no other use for it really. The only reason I had this account was because a small company I used to work for insisted that I had a TSB account for my wages to be paid into every month. I moved jobs, had my wages paid into a different account and just never got round to moving the direct debits and closing that account, now I have a few hundred pounds on it in bank charges because of this bloody privacy guard payment. I am dertmined to get to the bottom of it, because I did not agree to it.
  • di3004
    Lloyds TSB are very crafty indeed..........:mad:, they have treated you so unfairly here, and if they do not resolve your issues by putting this right, the FOS surely will.

I am so glad to be away from these now, my hubby won his complaint today, through the FOS, I won one a few months back and we have a few ongoing as well, but with being ripped off, after being customers with them for 18 years+, its payback time, "what goes round comes round".

Keep on at them hun, you will get there, stand your ground.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport