Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Hello Girls
    Do you mind if I join please??? I joined my local class yesterday and loved it so I'm hoping to do really well on it. I find I am much better and sticking to things if I am being held accountable so I have been filling in my food diary and behaving today - I didn't realise I ate so little to be fair - I have written myself a meal plan and either Im just weirdly hungry today or its working.

Ive had
    Breakfast
    Oats - 35g unflavoured - HeB
    Low Fat Yoghurt (I had it to use up) - 3 syns
    Strawberries

Measured out the 350ml of semi skimmed milk and still have some left

Lunch was
    scrambled egg
    mushrooms
    bacon (fat removed)
    1/2 tin of beans
    plum tomatoes

Snack wise I had a handful of chopped strawberries this morning and 4 pickled onions, and this afternoon I had a chopped apple and 8 grapes.

Tea tonight is
    roasted chicken breast
    Bachelors Savoury Rice 1.5 syns but will share this with my daughter and which has 4 speed foods in it technically but Im going to put some baby sweetcorn with it that we got reduced last night

Have to say though Im struggling slightly because I have a really sweet tooth. Does anyone have any low syn sweet things I can try?? Should also add Im allergic to nuts so I find buying cereal bars hard. ive heard you can have hot chocolate sachets though?

Oh and Im also on my second litre of water :T

Cant wait to speak to you all more and pick your brains - well done to all those at goal - I have 4st to go before Im there. :eek:
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • Welcome sammy-kaye. Sugar free jelly us very low syn, I think 2syns for whole sachet (I'm veggie so don't eat it so double check). I love sw Eton mess which is one meringue nest crumbled up 2.5syns, chopped up fruit/berries and 2 tbsp of lf creme fraiche 2syns. Mix it all together. Or use a muller light to knock off 2syns. Milky way deserts are 4.5syns, I discovered this wk if you freeze them it's like ice cream!

Change of plan for dinner. We had wraps instead. I had one wrap 8syns, Mexican rice 1syn, lf sour cream 3syns, pile of veggies and salad, cheese x 2hea.

Ending in 19.5syns.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    candyapple wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Weigh day for me today and I'm super duper chuffed to announce a 5lb loss - my biggest since starting SW :j I can only assume my body's gone into shock by not having to digest 10 portions of bread a day :D but I'm not complaining. Hopefully I can keep it up and lose the last 2lbs next week to put me back on an even keel again. Once that's done I'm thinking it'll only be 10lbs till I can say I'm at target, but we'll see.

Hope everyone's having a good day
    xx

Fantastic well done you, getting ready to budge up on the target couch.
    Slimming World at target
  • Rebster
    Rebster Posts: 151 Forumite
    Evening all, hope you're well. Struggling at work this week, very tired after my holiday, but managing to stay on plan :) Weighed in this evening with a 0.5lb loss - that's over the course of 2 weeks - might not seem like much but considering that 2 weeks contained a very indulgent holiday I'm rather pleased!!
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gettingtheresometime, it’s exactly as Lois says, re saving syns. I do not go to a group, so I can make my own rules, so to speak. I don’t see how having “35 syns if that’s what you need, then carry on as normal”, ie could be at least 125syns in the week trumps 105 syns for the week. I think sticking to 105 syns altogether makes me more accountable and conscious of what I’m having than just saying to myself I can have whatever today, and then maybe the next day …. And I do go over the score quite often!

That’s a magnificent loss, candyapple.

Come on in, sammy_kaye18, we won’t bite.

Thursday’s Things
    Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: mackerel in tomato sauce on hexb toast
    Snack: gingernut (2)
    Lunch: hm tomato & basil soup (1 ½ ), apple
    Snack: fs Maltesers (5)
    Dinner: steak, onions, mushrooms, tomato, new potatoes, WW apple & pear crumble yogurt
    Snack: hexa cheese and grapes

Total syns: 8 ½ Syns carried forward: 6 ½ Syns banked: 19
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    joedenise wrote: »

Not had a chance to read everything but did see that LL had reached 5 st off - congratulations. Also congrars to all the sotw there have been since I last managed to post.

Denise

Thank you!

I'm not doing quite that well though, I've lost 3.5 stone, I'm pleased with that and determined to get to 5st before too long.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday (and the baguettes, cheese, wine etc!)

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Hello Girls
    Do you mind if I join please??? I joined my local class yesterday and loved it so I'm hoping to do really well on it. I find I am much better and sticking to things if I am being held accountable so I have been filling in my food diary and behaving today - I didn't realise I ate so little to be fair - I have written myself a meal plan and either Im just weirdly hungry today or its working.

Have to say though Im struggling slightly because I have a really sweet tooth. Does anyone have any low syn sweet things I can try?? Should also add Im allergic to nuts so I find buying cereal bars hard. ive heard you can have hot chocolate sachets though? :

Hi Sammy-Kaye, welcome to the thread, feel free to join in the chat and ask any questions, there's loads of know how here so someone will be able to help.

Regarding your sweet tooth, you have 15 Syns a day so if you try to have free food as much as possible for your meals, you can use more Syns for sweet treats. Chocolate lovers often go for a small amount of good quality chocolate with a high cocoa content, or you could try freezing curly wurlys - they take longer to eat that way. Muller lights are quite sweet (and free food) and you can have Options and Highlights drinking chocolate sachets (2.5 Syns) - try mixing one into some Quark to make it go further.

Good luck on your journey.

LL :)
  • Lois_Lane
    Well done Candyapple! :j :T

If I lost that much in 1 week I think I'd faint from shock! :rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :T Great loss candy . You must be delighted.
    Well done for getting straight back on it rj.
    Sammy kaye meringues are about the sweetest thing I can think of and like flutterby says they make a lovely Eton mess. For a free sweet hit, I like berries (frozen, defrosted) with sweetener and thick FF yogurt. If you want to add meringue, the tiny ones are 1 syn each. Another low syn sweet thing are those pink wafer biscuits. I'd need to look those up but I know lush eats them.
    Plans went wrong again here. We needed to go to Ikea so DH suggested we eat there on the way to football. I had egg & prawn salad starter and salmon and chips so just mayo and chips for syns. Could have been much worse.
    I'll try sticking to plan tomorrow. :)
  • Rosylee
    Rosylee Posts: 201 Forumite
    Morning. Welcome to new members and we'll done for those losses. Awesome achievement Candy apple.

B: bacon, egg, beans, fruit for speed
    L: chicken breasthighs, McCain jacket (1), HEA, veg
    D: beef curry, rice, speedy veg
    Syns, mullerlight chocolate pudding

It's strange since I discovered I can have 20 Syns I barely eat 15! The brain is a funny thing.

Oh a question if you please. We have frozen ham slices that we never got round to opening. Do you think they are OK to defrost and eat even if they are way way way past their use by date. We obviously froze them before the use by date. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure