Credit Card Shuffle Discussion area

Comments

• teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    can anyone help? I have a card who,s 0% expires in January, I have another card (active ) which is offering to tranfer balances for 6 months at 0% but i owe them £1000. This offer expires on 29th of December. I have enough credit to do this. This means I wouldnt have to apply for a new card, but there,s a 2.5% charge on £ 3,500. Do I have enough time? is this worth doing? I think I can still tranfer the £1000 to 0% card so that leaves offer card with 0 balance
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • JasonW_2
    JasonW_2 Posts: 705 Forumite
    So there is a balance on the card just now of £1000 and they are offering you a balance transfer deal is this correct? If so, Id say don't do it, cos the £1000 will collect interest at your full standard rate and all payments will go towards the 0% rate first. It's not clear what you are saying, you mention another card, but also say you won't need to apply for another card..
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    JasonW wrote:
    So there is a balance on the card just now of £1000 and they are offering you a balance transfer deal is this correct? If so, Id say don't do it, cos the £1000 will collect interest at your full standard rate and all payments will go towards the 0% rate first. It's not clear what you are saying, you mention another card, but also say you won't need to apply for another card..
    sorry jason not making myself clear. I have 2 cards actve, one £3000 0% , but nearing end of of deal, another with £1000 balance at 15.9%. Card two is offering to tranfer balance of other card at 0% for 6mnth, heres wot I think i can do, move £1000 to 0% for about a month, so leaving one card with no balance, then before 29 Dec transfer all to now empty card at 0%. Remembering that all transactions will now have 2.5% charge, is it worth it ?:eek:
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • I have a Barclaycard with a stupidly high interest rate. I am in credit by .01p! on it, but am really reluctant to spend on it again because the interest cripples me. I have tried calling them to see if they can reduce the rate, but whatever arguement I gave them they couldn't do it.

What's the best thing for me to do? Should I just apply for a new card with a lower rate? Should I buy something on my existing card so that I can do a balance transfer? HELP!
  • Can anyone offer advice? Have got two cards Egg and Virgin, Virgin have just sent me a deal that new balance transfers are 0% till next July. I have a balance of 1700 on virgin already. Can I transfer my virgin money which Im paying interest on to egg then back again to take advantage of 0% or will I be stopped from doing so? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lexy
  • Hi, could someone help me regarding my credit card debts.At present i have 10,100 with capital,5,400 with Virgin and 2,500 with Barclaycard.I need to know how to reduce my monthly payments and how to use shuffle to help me do this.
  • i have 6k on an Amazon card that i have been paying with 0% interest.
    This deal has now run out and i would like to write to them and ask that they reduce my interest rate rather than switching cards.

Has anyone got a draft letter i can adapt and use please ?

A

(i dont think my credit rating is great, so getting another card isnt an option)
  • I currently have £10,000 on an overdraft facility, paying 18%. I wish to shuffle the debt somewhere cheaper as quickly as possible so have opened 2 credit cards with £15,000 credit, 0% for 12 months. However, I can't seem to find a way of transferring the debt across - can anyone help?

Can I transfer the debt across from the overdraft to the credit card and if so what's the cheapest way to do it?
  • NickX
    NickX Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    I currently have £10,000 on an overdraft facility, paying 18%. I wish to shuffle the debt somewhere cheaper as quickly as possible so have opened 2 credit cards with £15,000 credit, 0% for 12 months. However, I can't seem to find a way of transferring the debt across - can anyone help?

Can I transfer the debt across from the overdraft to the credit card and if so what's the cheapest way to do it?

Yes you need to get the debt off that horrible 18% overdraft.

Which are the cards that you have opened ?

Also do you have access to an Egg Money card ?

Only certain special cards allow you to pay off an overdraft.
  • Hi Alex,

I have the same problem. Have you found out the answer yet and if yes please let me know ..

Thanks
    Lisa
    AlexB wrote: »
    I moved abroad and took my English debt with me, I have 4 credit cards or varing limitis £5K-£12.5K, all of which are just under the limit as I can only just pay a little over the minimum payment which is nearly equal to the interest charged every month so basically Im going no where fast... I would love to be able to transfer even one of these balances to a 0% but because I am no longer a UK resident I cannot apply for one of these cards... any ideas? I also read that its best to pay off the smallest balance first and not the largest am I doing it the wrong way?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure