Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 John Lewis £199

APANACM095271961_004.jpg

Although its been around a few years its still a current camera and very high spec, Highlights - wifi, remote control from phone app, GPS location on photos, 30x Leica zoom lens, 18 mega pixel, quite rare: an electronic viewfinder as well as rear screen so usable in bright light. Can take RAW format photos for extra processing later. Lots more.

Only thing you might miss is a touch screen which it doesn't have but it does have a very clever sort of mouse pad thing, very easy to control

John Lewis have it down at £219 but currently on the page is an offer of a £20 'trade in' discount as long as you promise :whistle: next time you go to JL you will hand in an old camera.. um yeah of course I will ;)

LINK Enter PANASONICTRADE20 at the end of checkout.

So £199 with free delivery and 2 years warranty is the best price I have ever seen and this camera often sells secondhand on Ebay for this much or close to it.

Mine arrived this week, give me time to practice before summer hols.
European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.

Comments

• redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    your thread has been moved to the Discount Codes board, in line with the forum rules:

"We are happy for forum users to share codes, however they are only allowed on the Discount Codes 'n Vouchers Board. They must be sourced and it must indicate who the code/voucher is targeted at."
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you - looks very interesting. I've just looked at the Amazon reviews and there are several from a year or so back which comment on the fact the instructions are not in English. Did yours come with UK instructions, please?
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Pun wrote: »
    Thank you - looks very interesting. I've just looked at the Amazon reviews and there are several from a year or so back which comment on the fact the instructions are not in English. Did yours come with UK instructions, please?

To be honest I haven't looked at the rest of the box, not home currently but from memory there was a CD its probably on that, a printed one would be 4 times bigger than the camera! I did download an English copy from the Panasonic site before buying so its not unavailable. Perhaps they bought from Amazon sellers selling imported ones?

Have not needed a manual yet I have to say, the menus are clear and there are hints that scroll across the bottom explaining what that function does simply.
    No doubt I will need to refer in future but I will put the PDF on my phone so I can search it easily out and about.

Also ordered a spare battery and charger off ebay for £8.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you - just bought this and was happy to find it is also a double points weekend at John Lewis.:j
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,988 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I have been using an older version of this for over two years and have had some great results, zoom is useful and the manual modes make for creative shooting. It still works well as a point and shoot in iA or P modes.
    If I must criticise I will say it is a bit bulky to fit in my shirt pocket and there is a slight delay in the camera taking a shot.
    IMO well worth the money, don't thin there is anything else like it on the market at this price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure