Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• gingerfurball
    Options
    Hello all - missed out on the chart this week due to no interrwebs...it was a STS which I was quite happy with considering all the celebrating we did last weekend (which did include a home made lemon meringue pie and haagan daz ice cream and two ,meals out and a take away!!) *phew*

I'm starting training with a PT today - it's in a bodybuiding gym so it will be lots of weights...hopefully gently to begin with as still recuperating from my broken elbow (progress - I started driving without pain yesterday which is such a relief...having to wait on people to drive me every where or waiting on taxis has been very frustrating)

We've been making our own lunches these days (mainly because we found out that the deli we normally buy our salads got a 3 on the hygiene scale!! yikes!!) so food has been good...going to Spanish class tonight (if any one has been thinking about doing something like this DO IT!! it's been so much fun!!) so we batch cook on a monday and this does us two nights - we made spicy ginger and chilli turkey - with green beans and a little rice for me...so yummy!

Well done to SOTW and thaks again for the chart Shala :)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Ah the little Colombian boy! I deffo need to listen to the 'Angel in my heart' more :D

Shala - hope the cat is OK, they're a nightmare aren't they?

Some great tips being shared yesterday - thanks Flutterby for the spinach one, I almost never buy salad because living alone makes it impossible to eat before it goes brown. I tend to just have grated carrot with cucumber and tomatoes.

I must confess to eating a Wispa Gold I found in the cupboard last night :o

Have done a freezer inventory and meal plan for the week, I onlt need to buy a few bits and won't have to do much cooking.

Today:
    B - Alpen light
    D - Bacon, mushroom, tomato and tinned potato fried scrambled omelette thing
    T - SW pork ragu from freezer with carrot and swede mash

Managed a normal night's sleep last night after a few days of jet lag, but full of cold - wahhh!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Ginger - good luck wth the PT! I'm teaching a Spanish class tonight, it's not you is it?!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    So decorating went a bit wrong today - the cat jumped on my freshly glossed windowsill :mad: so I had to chase him down, lock him in the bathroom and scrub his paws clean!
    :rotfl:
    Hope you get more luck with the decorating today shala.:rotfl:

:T to b_e_g and mrsp on your losses. One day I'll join you at the bottom of the range.
    Today:
    B - Alpen light

arkers, I don't think there's a huge difference between tortilla, frittata or crustless quiche. I'm sure you could bake it in a quiche dish. I suppose it depends whether it's for your own consumption or whether you need to impress.;) I make mine on the hob and finish off under the grill so it ends up a bit like the 'thing' that tete's having for dinner. It tastes good although can often turn out a bit of a hash (literally and metaphorically).

prudent, I've introduced hot Ribena this week to help me keep within my HEA allowance. Or you could try fruit teas or speciality ones like Earl Grey that are meant to be black. Did you really have a 400g apple yesterday?:eek:

Thanks for the reminder about spinach flutterby, very useful stuff.:)

I'm going to concoct something with sausages tonight as I have things I want to use up and don't want to have gravy. I'm still feeling just the same as I did last week so no miraculous weightloss seems to be happening. Anyhow, I'll plod on and it'll come right in the end.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 0.5 HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, tomato, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese, beetroot and cornichons
    D: sausage tray bake (onions, potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, peppers, carrots) with cauli and broccoli
    Syns: 2 for BGTY sausages
    0.5 HEB left for Benefit bar with a cuppa if fancy it tonight.
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Prudent wrote: »
    Also wondering what people do about setting a goal on a holiday week? I am off on holiday at the weekend for a week.

For a holiday week I sit down and consider what type of holiday it is and catering arrangements etc then decide - if its a week in our caravan I aim for a STS/1lb loss. For the honeymoon I said a gain of up to 6lb as I wasn't going to spent my first all inc/family abroad holiday/only honeymoon counting syns and wanted to just enjoy ice creams with little one and indulge in the food as husband is so picky its unreal therefore I got to try a lot of new foods/things he'd hate to have in the house with less pain :)

today:
    morning: 2 cups of tea with milk from hea
    breakfast: apple and alpen light (1/2 heb)
    mid morning: mocha (1 tsp instant coffee plus 1 tsp options hot choc and mil from hea) counting 2 syns to be safe
    lunch: homemade leek and tatie soup (free) plus a pear, free aldi yogurts (mint and dark choc)
    mid afternoon: cupshotz (aldi, chicken flavour - free) if really peckish plus a hifi light (2nd 1/2 heb)
    tea: chicken with bacon and sweet potato plus cauliflower, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes - no cheese for me today
    drinks: water, warm Ribena winter spice, tea

rugby weekend went well - helped a lot taking breakfast cakes with me however lunch was provided (didn't know until we got there) and the nearest supermarket I couldn't get to so syns galore there. they also had an evening do which was pie and peas so me and littlie shared but still syns

back on it though. seem to have spent a small fortune on extra pull ups this month (potty training goes well at home. not so well at nursery...that or they eat them) and am now left short. Plenty of meat/options for the others. Do have plenty of rice/pasta as a non chips options for me but light on salady speed.

Pay day is Monday (technically Tuesday but finance manager likes to do it a day early) so plan is as long as it's clicked over in the bank then I'll go do the main shop (going to write a list this weekend) then Thursday I'm buying my countdown etc at group so will be racing towards Christmas. Need to find a way to be more accountable about little things that creep in - I think the best plan is I will only carry cash (not my debit card - unless I know we need something more costly) and will have £20 to last the month for incidental spends. It's hubbys birthday rather than buy loads of tat I'm getting him a new games console and a box set of the big bang theory then I'll do him a stash box of treats (£10-15) and tell him it has to last until Christmas! for Christmas he's getting a new game (limited edition set) another dvd box set, pjs, and a board game/activity. I've told him not to go crazy like he usually does I'd just like a couple of make up bits (<£30) and some new pjs we'll se ehow much he listens though haha
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • gingerfurball
    Options
    Ginger - good luck wth the PT! I'm teaching a Spanish class tonight, it's not you is it?!

Is your name Arnie? lol ;)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Is your name Arnie? lol ;)

Ha, no but I wish it was :D Would love to hear the kinds of activities you do, although I have loads of teaching resources but I'm finding my feet in adult ed and am never sure what will go down well.

I must admit I was worried when I saw Maman had highlighted my lunch! :o
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I must admit I was worried when I saw Maman had highlighted my lunch! :o

Nothing to worry about, I just recognised the sort of omelette I turn out. :D

Wow! You're really well organised lush and you're spoiling that husband of yours!:)

I looked up the red slaw Shala and it's part of a deli toppers range by Batters. There's a spicy one and a red onion too. On offer in Sainsbury's so I'm going to give them a try.
  • rjhammond91
    Options
    I'd like to happily report a STS this week! Can't be angry about it when I did gorge a bit yesterday!

I'm on it this week! I don't think there's anything to stop me behaving!
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ah the little Colombian boy! I deffo need to listen to the 'Angel in my heart' more :D

Shala - hope the cat is OK, they're a nightmare aren't they?

Some great tips being shared yesterday - thanks Flutterby for the spinach one, I almost never buy salad because living alone makes it impossible to eat before it goes brown. I tend to just have grated carrot with cucumber and tomatoes.

I must confess to eating a Wispa Gold I found in the cupboard last night :o

Have done a freezer inventory and meal plan for the week, I onlt need to buy a few bits and won't have to do much cooking.

Today:
    B - Alpen light

Managed a normal night's sleep last night after a few days of jet lag, but full of cold - wahhh!

Lol just loved your description of your scrambled omelette thing, sounds like my kind of meal.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport