Clearscore

Comments

• Just used it and I think that it will be really good once all the features are in place. Very easy to understand.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I recently signed up but my first report was generously sprinkled with false "missed payments" which Clearscore then obviously ignored when providing the score itself.

Disappointingly, the report is not conveniently downloadable unless you want spend ages saving multiple web pages.

I'll see what my second report comes up with before passing judgement but, for the moment, it's just an intriguing curiosity.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • R34GTT
    R34GTT Posts: 424 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2015 at 4:22PM
    Just registered for this and it looks pretty good.

Comments:

1. During sign up when selecting my address after inputting my Postcode the list of addresses do not contain the village, only the Post Town which doesn't look great but I was still able to identify and select my address.

2. During sign up when being asked who I bank with I can only select one bank when I actually have quite a few accounts with different banks. Anyway, I picked the bank I've been with the longest which allowed me to continue. Maybe the instruction should be rephrased to 'Select a bank with which you currently hold an account' or allow multiple banks to be selected.

3. Income is required during signup which is concerning as this is not something required by the three CRAs. Is this information passed to any other company or CRA or is it only for matching suitable credit products to me based on the criteria given to Clearscore by the lenders included in the matching service?

4. In the Personal section of the report, my address is displayed in an odd format with the Post Town preceding the village name. The standard address format should display the Post Town preceding the Postcode.

I think other than that it is a very clean and clear layout compared to the other CRAs.
  • Consumerist
    R34GTT wrote: »
    . . . 3. Income is required during signup which is concerning as this is not something required by the three CRAs. Is this information passed to any other company or CRA or is it only for matching suitable credit products to me based on the criteria given to Clearscore by the lenders included in the matching service? . . .
    See post #89.
  • ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    lufc7 wrote: »
    Hello, clearscore can you please help. I have read the FAQ on the clearscore website but I don't quite understand what I am meant to do still. I have recently moved and need to update my address with yourselves. (Not electoral roll I have done that via the council), but the process seems ridiculously longed winded. It was very easy to do with noddle. Please can you explain the process clearly. Thank you

Hi lufc7,

Thank you for getting in touch. We are working on a feature to enable you to easily change your address. It will be available on the site soon.

In the meantime, once you have changed your address with your credit providers, this information will be picked up by Equifax, our data provider. It should then become listed in your Accounts section on ClearScore.

Many thanks,
    Lucy from ClearScore
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • R34GTT
    See post #89.

Thanks, hopefully Clearscore can confirm how they use the income data and if it is distributed outside their company.
  • Consumerist
    edited 25 November 2015 at 6:29PM
    R34GTT wrote: »
    Thanks, hopefully Clearscore can confirm how they use the income data and if it is distributed outside their company.
    Your income data will not be seen or passed on to anyone else. Clearscore is only a data gathering service unlike CRAs which are data distributing services. This assumes, of course, that Clearscore's site isn't hacked. One hopes the data they store is stored in encrypted form only.

In any case, lenders tend to ask for income data themselves at the time of an application because incomes are time sensitive - they can go up and down.
  • R34GTT
    edited 25 November 2015 at 7:08PM
    Your income data will not be seen or passed on to anyone else. Clearscore is only a data gathering service unlike CRAs which are data distributing services.

Although Clearscore are not a CRA themselves and piggy back off Equifax's data they still need to confirm what they do with the income data. I agree with your other points and want to believe the points I quoted but hearing it from Clearscore themselves would be good.

On CRAs and Income data in general, I know National Hunter retain income information which is collected as part of credit applications, however they are an Experian company. I wonder if Equifax and Call Credit collect this information too. Even though Experian/National Hunter have the historic incomes used on credit applications this info is not something you can review on your credit reports.
  • R34GTT wrote: »
    . . . but hearing it from Clearscore themselves would be good. . .
    Good point.

The ball is in your court Clearscore Strangely quiet so far, however.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Or Equifax. They are pretty hopeless sometimes at matching data and people.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback