PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening all.

Frith - huge hugs to you. Keep your head high and remember that you're not the idiot around here - he is!

mhags - I didn't know you'd been quaked - I'm glad you're all OK and didn't even notice it.

1) The mog climbing into the bathroom sink this morning while I was trying to put my contact lenses in. I know he's back to normal when he starts being a nuisance! ;)

2) Did a Reverbe - 20p sitting on the pavement, shining in the sun.

3) Found out that some work events I'll be helping out at over the next couple of weeks include a free lunch. No-one's quite sure why - in previous years we've got bottles of water and been grateful - but we're not complaining! :D

4) Getting home from work, rain-soaked and shivering, and changing into dry clothes. Bliss!

5) Spicy sausage casserole for dinner. It's one of my DF's recipes originally and never fails to make me think of him. :)

Have a nice evening, all.
  • frugalpam
    frugalpam Posts: 2,514 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It must be so difficult, living next door to this man - but then again, now you know exactly what sort of person he is, having seen his wife back in residence.

Frith - he is a waste of space and you deserve so much better.

xx

Frith wrote: »
    I was about to text MrN. I don't know exactly what I would have written but it would have been positive - an apology or perhaps about being friends.

But then I went into the garden to pick some raspberries and his wife is back. Again. After all he has told me about her behaviour towards him and the boys (and I heard a great deal of it over the years).

What an idiot I have been. :-( Get rid of one girlfriend, bring your wife back. For goodness sake.

I think this is the lowest I've been so far. :-(
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 July 2011 at 8:05PM
    Frith why are you wasting so much time and energy on a cheat and conman, which he is by entertaining you when his wife's back is turned? He's treating you both the same way, what a b@stard! :mad::mad::mad: As for his children - his son/s holds a knife to you son, puts him in a strangle hold, vandalises a public building by painting insults about your child, plus various other abuses. He does nothing about it and you still want to text him re being friends? Or even apologise? I'd have the police knocking on his door for such heinous activity. You're not thinking straight girl, get out there and rediscover the real world. The good'uns don't walk around with labels on but you should be able to see the bad ones coming a mile off after all Mr N's extraordinary activity. Shan't say any more on the subject because you know what to do. So put this strange episode behind you and go do it. :D

1. A day of no commitments, rare these days
    2. Sleeping off and on til mid afternoon
    3. Waking to feel a lot better, still coughing but chest not hurting so much
    4. the rain coming just at watering time - that's a relief! (Cos I didn't get dressed today :o)
    5. a bowl of fresh pineapple and melon for tea :)

Enjoy your evening
    S x

eta just realised I've done 2001 posts and got a silver medal to go with the bronze and gold :)
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 July 2011 at 8:39PM
    Ms R - thank goodness you didn't text The N.
    DON'T!!!
    That's over, finito, done, termin!.
    You really must not demean yourself any more -that's the old pattern Mrs J, not the head held high, eyes future-bright and shining Ms R, who creates her own templates from now on.
    As we've all said: it's see-saw time, entirely normal, but coming here as you do will find at least one of us right beside you with ready hugs, tissues, kettle on....urging our Ms R, our lovely Frith, on to her own destiny, not a shabby second-rate thing, a dregs experience which leeches into her able, friends-rich, family-assured, accomplished self.
    I'm not writing any more.
    This post is to be purely for and about Frith.
    Have you posted copies of that 'testament' around the house yet?
    These are the times you need it - and have a decent book on hand. Make yourself read instead when THAT urge returns.
    That'll do for now.
    ###########
    ......except to add 'HEAR! HEAR!' SPARRER.:T
    [and I'm sorry you're having a rough spell atm - and felicitations on your silver:j]
    p.s. I closed with fresh pineapple tonight, too.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Evening all :wave: from a spinning Aberdeen. I think I might have to admit defeat and go to the doctors at some point :o

Frith - (((((hugs))))) I'll only add that you should take what he said about his wife with a pinch of salt...he would've been going for the sympathy vote....remember there are two sides to every story.

1) Quiet day at work
    2) Put my CV in for an international assignment
    3) More flirty texts from Mr B ;)
    4) Free slice of pizza at work for someones leaving do
    5) Some more lovely nectarines

Hope you all had a good day. Hugs to those that need them

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • CCP
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I might have to rescind pleasure #1 - I've just noticed that mog hasn't eaten his food today, and didn't even get up while I was cooking my dinner. :( Fingers crossed he's just got a bug or something and will perk up again soon.

Sorry, I know this is meant to be a pleasures thread but I had to share my worry! :o

ETA - Carolyntia - I hope you get over the dizziness soon - it's such a horrible feeling, isn't it?
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    CCP wrote: »
    I might have to rescind pleasure #1 - I've just noticed that mog hasn't eaten his food today, and didn't even get up while I was cooking my dinner. :( Fingers crossed he's just got a bug or something and will perk up again soon.

Sorry, I know this is meant to be a pleasures thread but I had to share my worry! :o

ETA - Carolyntia - I hope you get over the dizziness soon - it's such a horrible feeling, isn't it?

Thanks CCP I'll be fine....it's like being on a rollercoaster :rotfl:

Has it been warm down south....maybe mog is overheating a tad? My mums cats always go off their food when it's warm....she's always complaining that they can't be bothered to get up for their dinner :D. Or maybe he's had a dodgy mouse :o
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • CCP
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Carolyntia wrote: »
    Thanks CCP I'll be fine....it's like being on a rollercoaster :rotfl:

Has it been warm down south....maybe mog is overheating a tad? My mums cats always go off their food when it's warm....she's always complaining that they can't be bothered to get up for their dinner :D. Or maybe he's had a dodgy mouse :o

It has been warm but it's cooler today so I hoped he'd pick up - maybe it's just taking him a while to recover. As for mice - the only variety he knows how to catch are the toy ones! ;)

If he's no better tomorrow I think it will be off to the v-e-t, for which neither the cat nor my purse will thank me! :eek:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 July 2011 at 10:17PM
    Thanks, everyone. :o:) I know you are all correct but sometimes I just can't see it. I do have a decision balance sheet magnetted to the fridge with the good and bad things about being in a relationship with him listed.

Good post, Sparrer. Just wanted to say though that his wife left him in August 2009. She lived locally at first and spent a lot of time up here helping out with the children. She then moved 200 miles away in - actually I can't remember when! But around spring 2010. And I started going out with him in August. So he wasn't seeing both of us at the same time. She has been a more frequent visitor recently - first seeing the boys and staying in a hotel (because it's such a long drive) but in the last 3 weeks, staying with MrN in the house. He swears he isn't seeing her and would never have her back and it may be that it is just a matter of childcare now I am not doing that for him anymore. I am getting a bit cynical though. A few weeks ago, he swore she would never stay overnight and before that, that he didn't want her in the house... Still, this is the woman he won't divorce and whose car loan etc he is still paying...

Anyway, 5 for today. (Tuesday).

1) Went to see my brother and helped him fill up the water tank next to his pigs.

2) We then took his dog for a walk.

3) Brother came up here to board up the broken window in the porch. :(

4) Made him some lunch and we played Mario Kart on the Wii (HOW old are we?!)

5) Boys happy after school and we played Lego.

6) Sister popped in and had some tea. I made a new recipe from Good Housekeeping. It was only macaroni cheese but I put some cauliflower in as well. The sauce was creme fraiche so a big cheat but tasty with mustard and nutmeg mixed through it.

7) Boys and I walked up to the local pub and back (5 miles).

8) Exciting news is that I brought my violin here from mum and dad's. :D I haven't played it since I broke my arm when I was 20. I have about 50% of the movement I should have in my left arm so I think my Four Seasons days are over. I just put it away at mum and dad's and it has stayed there for 15 years. :eek: But it's here now and I've thrashed out a few tunes. :j

9) Am now sitting in bed writing my profile for the Guardian's Soulmates... Blimey, it's difficult! Why has everyone else got a high powered job and recently been round the world?!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well i am fuming :mad::mad::mad:

I have just received an email from my boss - sent to 5 of us in our team - warning us not to do things that only ONE of us is doing. It hasn't gone to anyone else in the department. It is effectively a written warning when four of us have done nothing. He should either send it to the one individual as a warning or the whole department as a general do's and dont's list. So i am going to have to have an uncomfortable meeting with him tomorrow cos I ain't having it. Honestly the bloody management in that place couldn't organise a p!$$ up in a brewery.

Anyway mine for today.

1. Had quite a good brainless day clearing paper work in the office catching up on my radio 4 stuff.
    2. Watchng TV with DS and knitting - my sleeve is nearly done, that was quick.
    3. Lovely lasagne for tea - and quick
    4. A nice glass of wine getting rid of my headache - really :cool:
    5. One of the other threads talking about london cheesecake and gypsy tart, transporting me back 30 odd years to school
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport