London Sightseeing Tour Bus Code 30% off

Anybody planning a trip to the capital then there is a little known code if you book online you can save 30% on the original london sightseeing bus tour. The ones I found on the internet were only £1 or £2 off. Go to:
www.theoriginaltour.com and in the promo code box enter arrivastaff. This will then discount the tickets from £24 for an adult to £18 and from £12 to £9 for children. I enquired and said I was a bus driver and if there was any discount - they said if I entered in this code I could use it!!!!

Comments

• emma03
    emma03 Posts: 48 Forumite
    can anyone use this? do you think i would get in trouble for using it if im not a bus driver? :o
  • Anyone can use it - book online and the tickets get delivered to you - they will not chase it up. I went to the booking centre as I had some Tesco deal tokens to use. I was told I couldnt use the 30% discount and the vouchers at the same time but if any of my friends came along they could use the 30%. There are 2 main companies competing for business. If you walked in off the street and bartered with them you could get a deal!!
  • jonjono
    jonjono Posts: 17 Forumite
    Used the 30% off code today and was a bit concerned that it might cause some problems but no one checked up on it. Booked the tickets online and printed off an e-ticket at home. The e-ticket is exchanged for the bus and river boat passes at the booths near the main stops of the tour. No one asked anything about the discount there and the bus drivers did not mention anything either :)

I think the best use of the buses is to hop-on and hop-off and explore the areas around the stops. The information they give on the yellow tour is constant and a bit loud and gave me a bit of a headache so I think I would recommend the red tour (without having used it) as the guide is through earphones and you can just remove them if you don't want to hear the talking.

The bus also drove quite quickly past everything so there was not much of a chance to really properly take things in (or take pictures). It was a blitz through the main sites and so for someone with only a day to see things it's not bad and the hop on and off thing is nice. It's left me feeling exhausted and full of impressions but I don't feel like I've learned very much more about London. Oh, and it gets very busy...don't use the downstairs seats because they give very little view of anything and they turn the volume up downstairs on the yellow tour meaning you can't even speak to the person sitting beside you because its so loud!

Some other ways to do a similar thing but cheaper and on public transport are listed in thread 3160340 on this site (which I can't link to as I'm a new user).
  • sanjaibaba
    sanjaibaba Posts: 16 Forumite
    I have used this code last week...and no one asked me for any proof..
    Thank u..
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    this code is still working, but doesn't give you 30% off anymore, it reduces the costs from £34 for one adult, one child (for booking in advance on the website), to £31.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure