Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Comments

• Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    blitzboy wrote: »
    e.g. Pay £70 for fuel on Aqua card. Wait a few days for it to show on Aqua online. Pay £70 via faster payment. £250 available again :)
    I don't even wait that long. Spent £70 on fuel, and then that night transferred that amount over. Next day my available balance is back to normal.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yeah you don't need to wait until it appears on the statement. I would wait until the "available to spend" amount gets updated though, which can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours.
  • boobbby
    boobbby Posts: 769 Forumite
    Gromitt wrote: »
    I don't even wait that long. Spent £70 on fuel, and then that night transferred that amount over. Next day my available balance is back to normal.

Yes!! I do it like that all the time in fact usually transfer a few pounds more than needed so I can buy smaller items withough having to top up. Faster payments usually means my available balance is up to the maximum (or just over) after just a 1 hour
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was wondering if many people had experience with requesting credit limit increases. More precisely, do they request income details, or is it the case of just entering the requested amount and waiting for a response?

I can't decide whether to request an increase, or wait and see if a magic letter comes.
  • boobbby
    aleph_0 wrote: »
    I was wondering if many people had experience with requesting credit limit increases. More precisely, do they request income details, or is it the case of just entering the requested amount and waiting for a response?

I can't decide whether to request an increase, or wait and see if a magic letter comes.

I requested an increase and they told me to wait until I had been a card holder for 6 months.
  • sammyz1
    sammyz1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    blitzboy wrote: »
    You can just make extra payments via their website or via your bank.

My credit limit was only £250 to start with but I spent way more than that each month.

e.g. Pay £70 for fuel on Aqua card. Wait a few days for it to show on Aqua online. Pay £70 via faster payment. £250 available again :)

This is my very first credit card and not sure of the 'do and don't'.

I read on the review centre that AQUA charged a couple of it's customers interest if they paid there balance early. I don't know if that's true but it made me a bit cautious.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sammyz1 wrote: »

I read on the review centre that AQUA charged a couple of it's customers interest if they paid there balance early. I don't know if that's true but it made me a bit cautious.

They don't (well, if they have done, no-one on here has had it happen, and it would be against their terms).

One area where people do make mistakes is when they are carrying a balance (i.e. not paying off in full), and then not paying the minimum payment on the statement. E.g. statement at end of month, they make a big payment on 30th, payment comes in before statement is generated, statement requests minimum payment by 14th, customer doesn't make minimum payment, then complains because the paid 'early', in their eyes, rather than made another payment to the previous statement, which is what really happened.

But anyone who is not paying off the aqua card in full is doing it wrong.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Err... link please? Charge interest for early repayment? If that's true, it's a huge bullet point in my "staple" theory, and I'll upgrade the title "staple gun and sellotape", and puts their standard CC services into a time before computers were invented, and I'll be downgrading THEIR credit score in my personal Credit Provider Rating [STRIKE]Agency[/STRIKE] Sticky Note so I avoid them in the future (not that it's not on a downwards trend anyway).
  • boobbby

That is rubbish... even if you only had a £250 limit by paying it of early you could spend £1000's every month. The only limit is that goods you buy must not exceed the the limit of your card before you top it up again.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    boobbby wrote: »
    I requested an increase and they told me to wait until I had been a card holder for 6 months.

You have to have been actively using the card, not just be a card holder.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure