Back in debt but not out

Hi,

It's been over a year since I was here last.

Last time, we managed to get debt free by consolidating our debts, but due to a lot of things we are back in debt again.

This past month has brought things to a head, we've been rather stupid and things have gotten out of control.

So where are we with the debt:

Barclaycard: £8829.88
Overdraft: £2750.00
Total: £11, 579.88

Ignoring the OD for the moment, as I'm not too worried about that one, I need to make headway on sorting the BC out.

Things coming up this month are:

DD's birthday
Pay remainder of DD's party
Pay for food at DD's party - already ordered just needs paying
Pay for DD's cake
School uniforms for both kids

Will post my plan in the next post, back in moment

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 August 2016 at 7:22AM
    I started a new job two months ago, slightly more money than the old company and much better prospects than the old one. It does mean that DD is with the childminder more but 7 months time, we will save money as DD won't be there as much.

Plan is as follows:

Meal plan - Food shop done and delivered, meal plan done, just need to stick to it.
    Lunches - I need to take my lunch with me to work, I'm spending far too much money and being based in central London its easy enough to just grab something.
    Budget - Although I am going to be on a money-fast, I can't completely avoid the shops on my way to site, so I plan to budget £10 per week and anything left over that week gets rolled over to the next one.

A lot of this I have done before, I just need to get back in to the old way of thinking again.

I'm on holiday this week and next week, DH is off next week and the week after, so DD will only be with the CM for a week and a half, so we save some money this month.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on starting your diary. I started mine a week ago and so far am finding it useful as it makes me think twice before spending.
  • Morning debtaghh,

It feels good to be back, need to keep the momentum up again :)

Pm02
    x
  • Good morning,

Hope everyone is ok today?

I'm feeling a bit more in control today, but I still have a long way to go before I feel completely happy.

The past two days the kids and I have blitzed their bedrooms, this resulted in one bin liner full of toys and bin liner full of clothes for the charity shop, one bin liner for the clothing bank, another bin liner for family and a bin liner full to put on eBay.

I just need to photograph them and upload them now....a tedious job that I hate.

The extra money, i will keep to one side until the end of the month and if we need to it will get used, if not it will be an extra payment off the BC.

Got my friends two boys coming over today, so although it won't be a NSD, it will be a LSD.

Have a great day.
  • Evening,

Just a quick post.

Had a great day with my friends boys, took them and my two to the local park with their scooters and treated them all to KFC. Was a LSD as we didn't spend masses so quite happy there.

Have photographed and uploaded the kids clothes to eBay, if all sells we will make £31, not a massive amount so need to find more lol.

London trip tomorrow. DH has a site visit and then working from the London Bridge office, so we are going up slightly later. I'm going to show them my site too and then off to HMS Belfast on the way back. Aiming for another LSD so we'll see.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Good luck with kicking your debt again PM. You know you can do it as you have before. Agree being in London makes things very tempting. Good luck :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Morning,

Well looks like our trip to London is out of the window today, all the trains are screwed up. Managed to drop DH at the station for the only on time train this hour :shocked:

DH is back at the office tomorrow, he works in Egham so we're going to go there instead, lots of charity shops and a park too.

So today instead, I'm going to bite the bullet and go through the finances, something I've been putting off.

Need to go to B&Q to get some paint, I was going to do that tomorrow but may as well do it today. I can make a start on DS's room this afternoon, as we are planning on moving at some point, everything we paint at the moment is white, I have a voucher that I can use so it should be a cheap trip.

Meal plan this week has gone to plan so far, will be the first week in a long time that we've stuck to it.

Will update later, once I have the measure of things financially.
  • Back again.

I have done the finances and to be honest, things don't look too bad on paper, in theory we have enough 'spare' cash that we can play with....okay it's the banks spare cash as its OD money but it still gives us a chance.

Just need now to use it sensibly and any money from the EBay sales can then go off the BC amount.

My latest payment has shown up, so I have adjusted the total on my signature to reflect it.

Kids still want to go to London, so I have agreed with them that I would keep an eye on the trains and see what they are doing.

Breakfast time I think now.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Good luck getting out for your day trip :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Nymphadora
    Nymphadora Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I always find things look ok on paper but the reality is some what different.

Hope the trains are running ok now and your kids got their day out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure