M&S: lost receipt. Will a credit card statement be acceptable as POF?

Hello everyone :)

I'm unable to find a definitive answer on the above question and hope someone can help me.

Unfortunately I've misplaced my receipt, for 2 pairs of shoes, which cost £70. :( I've searched high and low, without success. :o

Would my credit card statement with the item and price listed, be acceptable, do you think?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 July 2017 at 4:42PM
    booklover wrote: »
    Hello everyone :)

I'm unable to find a definitive answer on the above question and hope someone can help me.

Unfortunately I've misplaced my receipt, for 2 pairs of shoes, which cost £70. :( I've searched high and low, without success. :o

Would my credit card statement with the item and price listed, be acceptable, do you think?

Many thanks in advance.

Your credit card statement wont show the item? It will only show the shop and amount.

You don't say whether you are wanting a refund or an exchange?

If you want a refund, I would imagine that they will give you a gift card.
    Cant imagine an exchange being a problem.

Thats only in my experience with them.

From M&S :
    I have lost my receipt, can I still get a refund?
    If you have lost your receipt, you are still entitled to a refund. As there is no proof of the original payment method, we will refund the amount to a credit receipt.

If the goods are not faulty, it is subject to the M&S goodwill refund policy. Without a receipt, you will only receive the current selling price, which may differ to the amount you paid.
    http://help.marksandspencer.com/support/returns-and-refunds/lost_receipt

Bit more help albeit from 9 years ago !http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2019457
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It worked for me when I had to return a faulty hoover to Argos. I didnt have the receipt but I showed them the transaction (on the statement) on my Natwest App on my phone.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oakdene wrote: »
    It worked for me when I had to return a faulty hoover to Argos. I didnt have the receipt but I showed them the transaction (on the statement) on my Natwest App on my phone.

If its faulty, yes they have to refund you. In M&S case its on a gift card as mentioned above.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • booklover
    booklover Posts: 897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Your credit card statement wont show the item? It will only show the shop and amount.

You don't say whether you are wanting a refund or an exchange?

If you want a refund, I would imagine that they will give you a gift card.
    Cant imagine an exchange being a problem.

Thats only in my experience with them.

From M&S :
    I have lost my receipt, can I still get a refund?
    If you have lost your receipt, you are still entitled to a refund. As there is no proof of the original payment method, we will refund the amount to a credit receipt.

If the goods are not faulty, it is subject to the M&S goodwill refund policy. Without a receipt, you will only receive the current selling price, which may differ to the amount you paid.
    http://help.marksandspencer.com/support/returns-and-refunds/lost_receipt

Bit more help albeit from 9 years ago !http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2019457

Hi Sarah, I would like a refund and the items are not faulty. I expect to get a credit note. Thanks for your help.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Having worked for the company for 6 years I can tell you that without a receipt you will get a credit note to the value that the items are now. This would be what you originally paid for them unless they have gone into a sale since you bought them.

As has been said the credit card bill does not show what was purchased.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport