'Fantasy Chancellor…' poll results/discussion

2»

Comments

• MadMac_2
    MadMac_2 Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Lots of votes for Dragon's Den people - do you think they would make us all rich if they held the purse strings? It is a lovely thought...
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    i couldn't decide which dragon to go for...but I went for Duncan B as he has the most trustworthy face (!) Good criteria to base my decision on!

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• XRAT
    XRAT Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Looks like we have enough to choose from for a whole cabinet there!

How about a box marked, 'Any of the above to replace the current muppet.' Someone else is controlling him from backstage aren't they?

P.S.

Martin; Any chance of an article to help decide whether it is worth making up years of state pension for the wife..? I've read the thread which is now long and unweildy, and I'm afraid I can't follow it. (Is it worth making contributions to replace H.R.P. years?)

Merry Christmas one and all.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    XRAT wrote: »
    Looks like we have enough to choose from for a whole cabinet there!

How about a box marked, 'Any of the above to replace the current muppet.' Someone else is controlling him from backstage aren't they?

P.S.

Martin; Any chance of an article to help decide whether it is worth making up years of state pension for the wife..? I've read the thread which is now long and unweildy, and I'm afraid I can't follow it. (Is it worth making contributions to replace H.R.P. years?)

Merry Christmas one and all.

On thes state pension issue - its actually in the pipeline!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • First of all we need a chancellor that isnt just a puppet,
    then a person of the Heseltine or Branston calibre might start putting the country back on its feet.
    although your options for the vote are current celeb's, they haven't the overall historical knowledge of either of the above.
    that is of course in my opinion.
    sad thing is though, whatever good one chancellor does, the next political opposite would simply undue the previous ones good
  • lcharm
    lcharm Posts: 633 Forumite
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Exactly! Martin, you forgot you!

"Brown nosing"

I actually think MSE would be one of the worst people for the job (no offence)

Don't get me wrong I think he's doing a brilliant job with this site but think of it logically,

He's a consumer revenge, money saving guru. He'll do a brilliant job on that front but he would also be responsible for taxes which he is likely to drop, causing less government funding , super high inflation due to heavily increased consumer spending (increased demand over supply) and higher net incomes as a knock on effect of his money saving and total anarchy.

What is needed is someone with aggressive money management tactics not a beat the system advocate!

Now I just sit and wait for the attacks on this post to flood in....
    Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.
    - Thomas Dewar
  • I wouldn't vote for Peter Jones.

He certainly doesn't care about the little people...
  • Why isn't Robert Peston on the list? Over the past year, he seems to be the only person who knew what was going on.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    'Fantasy Chancellor'

Well...there's two words I never thought I would hear in the same sentence.... :eek:
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • rikreschem wrote: »
    Why isn't Robert Peston on the list? Over the past year, he seems to be the only person who knew what was going on.
    That stands to reason when you consider his father was or maybe still is an Advisor to the Labour Party.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure