First Direct Leaving Bonus

Options
Hi Guys

Can you let me know if I have ruined my chances of getting the 6 month leaving bonus of 100.00.

I opened the account 20th June and funded the account.

Then again 3/07, 2/08 and 31/08 and then I set up a SO for 30th of every month. This was meant to do my sept funding but credit 02/10 due to weekend.

Is the funding based on calendar month or will this work on anniversary month.

Comments

• wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    Why would you want to leave?

Just after the money, not the service or access to a 5% regular saver?

In answer to your question, I honestly don't know.

I make sure my payments go in by 27th of each month as not all months have 30 days.
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    I do not use it transactionally. Just using the switch service to benefit from the money bonus.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 October 2017 at 2:51PM
    Options
    I do not use it transactionally. Just using the switch service to benefit from the money bonus.

Be aware that First Direct will expect you to call them and give a good reason for being unhappy with them in order to claim the £100.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    Not to be pedantic, but it says:

You need to contact us to let us know you're unhappy within 12 months of opening your account,

not

You need to contact us to let us know WHY you're unhappy within 12 months of opening your account,
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    If I need to give a reason though I am sure I can say something like, other accounts provide better benefits (which isn't a lie)
  • chib
    chib Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I've been with FD for seven months now and they've been outstanding, they instantly paid me the £25 they missed on my signup bonus as I came through MSE but it didn't track. It's disappointing to hear you (And no doubt others) taking advantage of their confidence in good service.
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    I do not really see it as this, I am just merely (trying) to fulfill an offer they have made. Its highly advertised, its not a small print clause.
  • chib
    chib Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Put it this way, supermarkets like Asda and Aldi offer a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied with their goods - do you exploit those the same way?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    chib wrote: »
    Put it this way, supermarkets like Asda and Aldi offer a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied with their goods - do you exploit those the same way?

Put it this way, It's a brand name of HSBC - get some perspective in your life.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    Be aware that First Direct will expect you to call them and give a good reason for being unhappy with them in order to claim the £100.

You need new reading glasses Juicy, nowhere does it say 'give a good reason'.
    Any reason is sufficient, I used their antiquated Internet banking as the reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure