PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Afternoon all

Woke up this morning and there wasn't any land-phone and hence broadband. Couldn't ring them until 12.30 when DH got up and was on the mobile for a-g-e-s. The young lady kept asking the same questions over and over but I stayed calm and eventually she agreed to put through an urgent case for me. Hurrah !! Line and broadband restored about an hour later. Well impressed with TT and broadband up to full strength atm :T
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Ahhh, creosote...I used to stand in the aisle at the DIY shop breathing it in :eek: goodness knows how many brain cells I've bumped off!.........
    .......That programme sounds interesting Lynne. Is it available on catch up or iPlayer do you think?
    :D
    I used to love the smell of creosote and tar as well.

Yes - well worth a watch. 'Is Seeing Believing' on beeb 4 at 9.00pm 11/10/16 and it's on i-player for next 29 days :D
    ionafan wrote: »
    For those who haven't already seen on FB, CY's funeral will be taking place tomorrow (Thursday) at 3 pm at York Crematorium. It is open to all her friends.
    Thanks Iona. It's too far for me but I shall be thinking of her family and friends t/m and sit quietly with some thoughts at 3pm.

I have a funeral to attend next Wednesday of a former neighbour. Long story short - she was 54 and had several minor heart attacks, mainly stress related. They moved just two weeks ago, principally due to lots of problems and troubles with another neighbour and their dogs :mad: Seems to have been the final straw sadly.

Just de-cluttering a cuppa and then going to re-shuffle freezers to accommodate rest of casserole.
    Back laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    I will be at work tomorrow but will be thinking of CY and her family, I'll light another candle tomorrow evening when I get in.

Just got back in from today's shift. Tempted to go and do another few fence panels, yesterday's look really good now they are stained.

Had interview/informal chat with head, I'm job sharing the assistant after school career position, haven't had my hours clarified yet and no definately start date but. The position is mine, I'm really pleased about that.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well done Mrs MP they are lucky to have you xxx

I have a noisy house at the mo. The girls are holed up in DD bedroom, giving tea to their babies. The boys are yelling and rushing up and down the landing trying to get a reaction. Lol. They were all hungry for an early tea, picnic style and then were too busy to eat much...

No fly zone here, although I have tidied up after said picnic. Been at college all day and have heaps of homework!

Oh dear, someone's crying. Think it's DD...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Congratulations Mrs MP. Glad you got what you wanted.

No, Jazee, it's too far but I will be thinking of her and everyone who cared about her tomorrow, as I have been all this week. I'm cross she's been taken from us, I know I shouldn't be, but I am.

I also know it's late, but welcome back Hex2 and GreenBee.

Wilco have plastic four drawer units at a pretty good price at the moment so I've finally gone ahead and ordered some to help with the Attic of Doom after years of procrastinating. I'm sick to death of having to search for stuff up there, and decanting it from large stacking boxes (which were necessary when I started sorting it out) into the drawers which I can then write on with an indelible marker will make my life a lot simpler. Winter Underwear, Gloves/Hats/Scarves, Plumbing, Lights, Windows, Electrical etc etc. I cleared out the local Morrie's end of season sale last year of smaller three drawer units and rammed all the paperwork into them, roughly sorted into topics and boy has it been transformative. At last I can find things easily! I'm now working on the basis that if I can't find it when I need it, there's not a lot of point in keeping it. I'm not a Kondo-er; too much random stuff does get brought back into service in this house after a long rest.

I've had to deal with two organisations today and normally don't enjoy the experience of interacting with the facelessness of modern business. Today everybody I met and/or talked to was really helpful, went above and beyond their area of responsibility and made both things a delight. Really chuffed to be reminded that there are lovely, lovely people out there.

ETA: Hope the crying was nothing serious, Bossy.
    Better is good enough.
  • Just posting list for inspiration. Level ones done

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area

Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    Clean the radiators in these rooms
    Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing

Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Clean windows in these rooms

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms

Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    30 minutes ironing
    Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Jazee wrote: »
    I have got tomorrow afternoon off the paid stuff so I will be going to York for CY's funeral. Are any other flyladies planning on being there?
    I am very glad that you will be able to go, Jazee, and very, very sorry that I can't be there. DH and I had blocked the date a couple of weeks ago for a day out together, and when I suggested going to York by train for lunch he made a face (despite being a National Railway Museum fan). He's not in a good place atm, and I don't want to upset the apple cart any further by telling him that I intend to go anyway.
    Please give CY and the family my love x
  • Hi lovelies x
    I'm very sorry I haven't been on here - tis been a busy week as usual x
    I'm tidying my front room and giving it a good clean tonight ....although I could happily put my head down and sleep lol!
    Brightest blessings to all xx
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have mowed the grass. Took an hour. Needs another cut with the blades lowered and then keeping under control until it stops growing. Mind you, grass is probably the wrong description. Some of it is probably homeopathic grass...

Trying to keep things tidy/make them slightly more tidy as I do day to day stuff but have a massive backlog of work that has a deadline of ... erm... today :D
  • I have got to be at work tomorrow but will stop what I am doing at 3pm and just remember her.

Struggling to get on top of things. Tired and stressed at the moment but in the light of what is going on for poor CYs family I know that I should be counting my blessings.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm going to have to hold this list over till the weekend. The boys clear their rooms on a Saturday, one Hoovers daily, the other does dishwashers daily, all as part of project pocket money.

I've done half an hour of general tidying instead, I'm on my midweek energy slump. Did make pea n ham soup, and a boy kindly made bread. He makes great bread, and has developed a real interest in baking and cooking which I'm trying to encourage but it does need supervision.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure