Birmingham park and ride?

Options
JMC39
JMC39 Posts: 218 Forumite
Hi,

I guess this is a rant more than a question. I drove to Birmingham today and decided to go to Coleshill 'park and ride'? The price for the parking was £2 (not too bad), however the return trip for an adult into Birmingham was £4.20 meaning it would cost over £10 for 2 adults so I ended up driving into the centre and paying £4 to park in the Bullring. Surely this high cost defeats the purpose of Park and Ride - certainly did in my case.

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I guess it depends on how long you stay in town for because I've been faced with some almighty fees in the Bullring Car Park but saying that, there's a car park that's about 200 yards from the Bullring and it's 2.50 for 24 hours. The person whose space I took when I arrived gave me their P&D ticket as well so it was actually free last time! It's not the nicest bit of town though - there's another place I use off Summer Hill which is 5.50 all day - depends on which part of town I'm visiting and for how long as to which car park I use.

I don't even think there is a park and ride on the South side of the city :confused:
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • In_debt_5
    Options
    From the south I would park at one of the train stations and get the train into town as there isn't an actual Park & ride
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In_debt wrote: »
    From the south I would park at one of the train stations and get the train into town as there isn't an actual Park & ride

Of course. The train from Barnt Green is about 3.20 return and you end up right in the middle of town. It probably costs that in petrol to town and back from there and if it's a nice day, it's no more hassle than driving.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure