PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 13th June 2017

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning one and all,

Yesterday was a busy day at work. I had to take clients to lunch and the menu wasn't particularly healthy or appetising and ended up having mac n cheese with garlic bread and chips - it was nice but very heavy on the carbs which is something I'm trying to avoid. So I resigned myself to a cheat day. I stopped off on the way home for some comfort food and watched a movie.

Back aboard the health train this morning. Been to the gym this morning and might go afterwards but I recon I'll be late leaving work.

Little bit of housework to do tonight but nothing too strenuous.

Camelot - Fantastic effort last night, well done!
    Jackie - Henry sounds like a lovely chap. Good luck tonight with the quiz.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Up late for me as I had a bad night so DOH sorted the girls before he left to see a client.

Beautiful day here in EA, the WM is already on, will just potter around this morning and then off to my Pilates class. We are out this evening to eat with friends so no cooking to do, will need to find something relatively good on the menu as am on a weight loss campaign.

Have a good day folks x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Lovely bright day here I have a towel load on the line which should dry well today.

I m going to have a quick clean up of the kitchen and then head off to Aldi we need a big stock up shop, I will ring my mum and see if she wants to go.

Not sure about dinner tonight will pick something up when I am out, I cooked the enchiladas last night which were very tasty, but both OH and I felt very uncomfortable and kind of bloated and had bad indigestion after so there must have been something in there that did not agree with us.

DD should get her car back today, although neither of us trust it anymore, we have found a few cars in dealers online so have made a list and will go and have a look on Saturday.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning.

Well the never ending saga of no sleep continues apace.

After 3 hours sleep on Sunday night, I was exhausted yesterday. I went to bed at 11pm with my book, but whilst my eyes were so tired and I struggled to read the minute I shut them I felt beyond strange and restless.

A really odd sensation almost like my heart was up in my throat and I felt like I was falling or swirling round...:o..no I'm not on drugs :p
    It was so odd...I gave up numerous times and started reading again but every time my eyes wanted to shut, minute I did shut them, I the same sensation. So I got up but my body was so tired that I felt like I was swaying around and my legs had no strength.

This continued and I had a cup of tea, read, shut my eyes, read again until eventually going back to bed at 4am and eventually slept:eek:...No way I could cope with work and as I have had a work induced bad back for a few weeks, I stayed off sick.

Perhaps I was just over-tired, if there is such thing, but I don't want a repeat of that ever again, it was horrible. I duly feel dreadful again today, so a duvet day it is.

Sorry I've wittered on a bit there :o

Hope everyone is well and having a good day x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all just
    Lovely n sunny here today DS has gone to work and washing is blowing on the line .Mum has actually hurt her back and its not the bursitis in her hip thats causing her a problem hopefully its all sorted soon as we are off on our yearly trip to see family in Jersey.
    Dinner tonight sausages from the butcher new potatoes and veg
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Karcher maybe you could try lying on top of the bed with your book this afternoon, and just "rest", then if you fall asleep you needed it. I do think you had got to maximum exhaustion, and personally think you should consider a visit to your dr for a fit note to support reduced hours or a lower workload? Look into the fit note on gov.uk for proper advice ;):)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Gorgeous afternoon and I'm sitting in the sun in Dds garden ,her dogs are lolling around on the decking and the little westie is keeping a sharp eye out for any passing bird (he barks at all birds :))they dare not even fly over the garden :)

Henry did his last Math exams this morning and seemed to be pleased with how it went .Two more exams tomorrow, Science and a Business Studies, then one on Friday morning Geography, then he can relax as it will all be over :)
    I am very proud of how well he has coped as he is not really terribly academic at all, although his best subject is Spanish which for some reason he excels at :) We shall have to see how his results pan out. He has been offered a place at 6th form so his teachers have faith in him and his abilities.

DGS Ben has had his end of year results and he is set for a high 2.1 at the moment He has one more year to go so fingrs crossed for him.

Such a stressful time for youngsters doing exams I am glad its all done almost ,I seem to have gone through all their traumas with them :) one more grandson Mikey to get through his GCSE's but he is just 13 so he has a year or so to go yet. I think I should get one for 'Grannying'them all over the past few years. I have been making snacks and consoling all of the previous 5 grandchildren it seems for years . :):):)

Hope everyone is getting a bit of the sunshine although it seems to be mainly in the south at the moment

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all.
    The weather has been very warm but a bit overcast today and I wish I'd done some washing. Hopefully it will be the same tomorrow and I'll give the WM one last go before it bites the dust next Tuesday. As there are only two of us, I will keep any more washing in the basket ready to test the new one :D.
    I'm a bit late posting today as we took dad shopping over the valley road, mainly to Fa*mFoods, as it's easier to park near the shop when you bulk buy toilet rolls etc. We decided to have lunch out ( my turn to pay :( ) then took dad home. While I was there remade his bed as he had stripped the bedding off this morning.
    Have not long returned but put shopping away and now sat with a coffee, DH is having a cheese sandwich with his but I'm too full, so may have a doughnut later. I just don't know how those doughnuts fell into my trolley, it's a complete mystery :rotfl:.
    Hope all the poorlies get well soon and hugs to all.
    JackieO I wish Henry and Ben good luck with their exams.
    Karcher are you taking any medication that could affect you ? Sometimes my meds ( for my stomach ) make me feel like the whole bed is shaking but it's actually me and it only happens when I lie down.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,012 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Afternoon from a very damp, dreich and dull Gers Towers!

There has been no let up in the rain today, piddling down steadily all day. Not as cold as yesterday and the wind is much lighter too, but still pouring.

First thing this morning I finally sorted out my student's work onto two CDs (two courses) and managed to remember the rest of the paperwork too. They're now in envelopes for tomorrow. Then I had my little old lady to take to see the nurse for her 'MOT' as she called it. She's really interesting actually as she's from Tiree and went back over recently for a family reunion when 84 others turned up. It was lovely to hear about it all.

This afternoon was spent waiting for my wine delivery which turned up about 40 minutes ago. Maje*tic Wine delivers free of charge and come up to Mid Argyll and the peninsula at least once a fortnight.

I did some more work in the back barn again, I find doing small bits often more productive than the whole lot at once. There's another bag of old newspapers in the car for the tip. I managed to get the battery off the power drill eventually so that's now charging, and I found the proper box and the box of drill bits too so they're now back together again. The shelves are almost all tidy, just one corner to re-arrange and I'll be happier.

Nearly an hour was spent watching Fearless on catch up, I was dithering as some reviews were bad and some were good, however I really enjoyed it, especially with the sound off! Can't bear the 'threatening' music all the time, so subtitles on and speech off. Perfect.

Now I'm going to read, I started a new book yesterday so want to get my stack down a bit before Christmas when the new ones come out. I took a bagful of read ones to the doctors surgery today along with my little old lady, they sell them for charity.

Right, enough waffling! Happy evening to you all.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good evening everyone, thanks Judi for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.
    I've just surfaced after what has been a bit of a "lost" day thanks to a horrible vertigo attack early doors so thanks to the meds, which do help, I've been mainly sleeping.
    Thankfully I made a pot of soup yesterday so meals have been easily sorted. Consequently not much got done today but hopefully I'll feel more like it tomorrow as the forecast is reasonable and I really want to get some salad stuff sown.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure