Time to get serious

Comments

• I keep managing to bring my sell pile to the dining table, leave it there a few weeks then bring it all back upstairs.. Envious of your decluttering
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Go elephant on the declutter :j:j
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • I am being totally ruthless!
  • I have moved all savings into one account ready for the field purchase. Thankfully it all turned up at the destination account, although some did take a couple hours to travel through the ether.

I've been awake for ages looking at mortgage deals after seeing the email sent out today. It's going tricky as we kind of fall between different categories of income earning, so it would be good to find out what information would be needed. Always thinking one step ahead, I need to focus on all the decorating here really first, but I can't do much about that this early in the morning with everyone still asleep!

The CB from the energy club has just been paid too, so another £30 to the pot.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,801
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lovely catching up. Congratulations on field purchase and on the moving. So exciting :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Thank you Watty, we are so excited we keep waking up at stupid o'clock!!

Today we are both awake, so just having a cup of tea then going to crack on!

First job for me will be to finish the quarterly business accounts for the vat return, I've yet to decide which task of my huuuuuuge list to tackle after that. Hubby is going to start stripping wallpaper in the lounge.

I'm also off to visit my mum today, so that will be this afternoon taken care of.

I think I might be close to getting the g3nie bags sent back for clothes recycling. Just one last pass of the drawers, then to dig out the paperwork.

Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Field purchase sounds wonderful! How's it going?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • It's moving along KC, some searches have come back and waiting on some others. We know the solicitor, she is a horsey friend so makes it a lot easier!

I'm just having a quick break. We are whizzing through it today, I'm sure I will flag soon though.

All business accounts up to date and vat return complete :T

One load of washing on and half the ironing done.

Business banking all ready to pay in and just waiting for one parking receipt from the car to complete expenses.

Also checked for mines near our new field - looks all clear :)

Hubby has stripped all the wallpaper in the lounge now and gone to get some white paint. We did have some, but it has been so long since we've done any decorating it is rock solid!!
  • I can believe how much we got done yesterday. Half the wallpaper was on the wall by last night and hubby is just finishing it now. Looks fantastic. Shame we won't get much 'use' from it.

Expenses completed and shuffled over, along with 123 interest for the month.

On the way to visit my mum, collected dog food and got a few freebies thrown in. We buy from a local person and it is all so much better quality than the big chains - and cheaper :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Also checked for mines near our new field - looks all clear :)

Er, pardon? :eek::eek::eek:

I may be thinking too literally, of course :o
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business