Life begins again at 45

Comments

• Sorry life is so tough for you right now. Totally get your frustration with church.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Hello Bubbles, :hello:

So sorry to read that you've become a victim of the "Does she take sugar?" syndrome. :(
    It hurts, doesn't it - (((hugs))).
    How thoughtless, mean and insulting to let you find out about it at the service!
    ..And how very ironic that you had to climb the steps anyway to shut down the equipment afterwards!

I just back right off from situations like that. Wait for someone to come and apologise for talking about, and making decisions on my capabilities without consulting me.

Can you bear to do that - just attend services as a member of the congregation? Let the busybodies sort out extra duties without your help, at least until you get a proper explanation of their reasoning (the only justification I can think of is that there may be an issue with insurance, but that's no excuse for failing to discuss it with you in private before the service).

As for pot-luck freezer meals; they can be amusing, especially if - like me - you're a bit lax when it comes to labelling frozen packages of home-made 'ready-meals'.
    Ha, I thought I'd got out a veggie lasagne recently, which turned out to be apple crumble - that was a memorable dinner! :rotfl:

ps. Happy New Year - hope it gets better from now on.. :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    :(:(:( is all.
    Big huggles my friend.
    Horrid people.
    You are a better person than me as I would tell them to get knotted.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Evening dear diary and friends

Well it could be fair to say, I have had the black dog hovering for most of the week, but I can report that tonight it has lifted in some respects which I hope lasts.

Update on Church and the projector, I admit still feeling :(:mad: on Wednesday I failed to go to my normal midweek service, choosing to lick my wounds, probably not the best but what was decided.

Yesterday I had a lovely phonecall from a church member re the projector, asking me to take the lead for the 11.15 service, if only this had happened the week before :o. No mention of buddying etc, just the need for holiday cover etc.

I had also seen the lady whose words upset me the week before at our house, as she's part of the book club we belong to and it was our turn to host. It was fine, and no mention was made.....

I would have only walked away if the actual "buddy" had been forced on me - however after my reaction I think they got the message ;).

Today's service I was happily back in the Squires Gallery !

The rest of the week has been quiet I did hunker down, mainly I think as I have not been feeling my best.

Highlights have been:

1. Went to Pilates - exercise !
    2. Joined the local am drams and agreed to do props for play in April - social life :)
    3. Looked after Mr Borrow My Doggy for both allotted days, even though I forgot door key and had to do two round trips on Tues, and got very wet on Friday !
    4. Wednesday cooked dinner.
    5. All meals this week from freezer/store cupboard except Friday book club chilli and last nights takeaway pizza :eek: ( we were both creamcrackered )

I also must mention the lovely physical post I had from dear Beanielou who made me feel very loved :heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,100
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello BM, sorry to hear that you've had such an upsetting time at the church. I used to help out at a church many years ago and I know how narrow minded they can be at times. Hopefully it sounds like things are on the up a bit now for you. Might be best to draw a line under January and hope that February is better.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    edited 29 January 2016 at 3:50PM
    Afternoon all

Sitting with Milo Mr Borrow My Doggy flaked out at my feet ... Having had a long walk and I missed the rain :T:T

So the positives from this week

1. Went to Pilates
    2. Went to local Am Drams and confirmed me being props lady
    3. Walked the dog twice :p without over turning scooter :T
    4. Updated finances and felt that I was actually doing ok and not making do not need spends
    5. Eaten out of freezer and stores this week, only topped up with fruit and veg box
    6. Made a menu plan for the next week, and again I have managed 90% from freezer and stores
    7. Attended embroidery class and caught up with friends
    8. 2 long soaks in the bath :T:T only one with an alcoholic companion, but both with a challenging book
    9. A massage that kept me upright
    10. Chocolate and Midsummer as reccomended by a friend
    11. Coffee and tea cake using a gift card, and just a bit of time away from these four walls.
    12. Spoke to old boss and arranged to have coffee with him on Monday
    13. Have completed health diary for week as reccomended by Beanielou

Will keep adding as I remember ......
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    Dear lovely friends

Part 2 - challenges

1. Chronic pain in my good side joints of shoulder and hips
    2. Cancelled friends tomorrow as I couldn't cope with entertaining and children... Also wondering what means to entertaining in future - I used to love it - now I dread it # exhausting and painful

TBC
    Fake it, to you Make It

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Dear lovely friends

Part 2 - challenges

1. Chronic pain in my good side joints of shoulder and hips
    2. Cancelled friends tomorrow as I couldn't cope with entertaining and children... Also wondering what means to entertaining in future - I used to love it - now I dread it # exhausting and painful

TBC

Boo.
    Feel your pain as much the same here :(
    It is what it is.

Just have a lovely relaxing weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    edited 5 February 2016 at 5:19PM
    Afternoon lovely diary and readers

Is it really a whole week since I last posted !

So the positives from this week.

1. I have just paid off £29.05 from my debt.
    2. Went to Pilates
    3. Went to AmDrams
    4. Dog walking today - and I must note a lovely man who helped me unwind the lead that got round the back scooter wheel.
    5. Have eaten from freezer and store all week except Daddy treated me to lunch this week, and we had a cheeky kebab on the way to pub quiz this week
    6. Our microwave blew up :o it was 13 years old and we were dithering could we do without, looking at the costly ones until DDaddy came to the rescue and bought us one from my "inheritance" :rotfl: a bargain from Lidal.
    7. Kicked my bum and went out to quiz night last night - felt better for being out and OH pleased :T
    8. managed just over 2 days of focusing on my business :D
    9. Wrote my blog http://grumpy!!!!!!!woman.blogspot.co.uk :):)
    10. Gone to church, and a church meeting and arranged to do a job in the office :T:T
    11. Just persuaded OH to pay something off :T
    12. Sorted my eyebrows and paid for it using my 20p savings ( I award myself 20p every time I use up toiletries that I have piles of)
    13. Realised I could regift something aka a belated christmas present instead of increasing our joint debt

Blog link ! :eek: they don't like !!!!!!! - it's a medical word ! So this word - it's the old medical word for Cerebral palsy, and the charity scope was "The !!!!!!! Society"
    Fake it, to you Make It

• patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Glad to hear Daddy has his priorities right! I will have had one for 35 years next month and wouldn't be without it. It always surprises me how little they have really changed in all that time though. I first had one to make meals for myself whilst suffering a version of Kate Middleton's pregnancy problems. Couldn't even stand a pan of boiling water & was home alone Mon to Fri. Then it heated baby bottles and by the end of that was totally indispensible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure