ATOS - botched pip assessment

13»

Comments

• nad1611
    nad1611 Posts: 710 Forumite
    I agree Sam, some may look on the practice as questionable but when placed alongside the reason why people decide to take this action, it hardly seems so bad.

Any covert recording should be for your personal use, as you say what you say at the assessment may be forgotten in some cases by the time the assessor walks out of the door, so certainly helpful. It seems form everything I have ever read that it is completely at the discretion of the judge as to whether he will allow something or not and is in no way the decision of the DWP no matter how they try and scare people into thinking they're doing something illegal.

Some practices which may seem questionable or immoral, may actually be admissable all in the name of the "nature of justice".

This might make interesting reading;

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/members-only-news/443-claimants-secretly-taping-medicals-the-dwp-responds

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3522-cassette-recorders-can-be-used-for-pip-medicals-minister-confirms
  • but TBH I think your better off asking the DWP for a second assessment

I had a complaint upheld against Atos in 2014 following an atrocious assessment. My request to DWP for a second assessment, despite the previous one being described by an Atos manager as 'inadequate' and 'failing to meet the required standard' was refused outright and I was taken to appeal, which I won.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    the OP has not posted for the last 7 months so is unlikely to see your post
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    the OP has not posted for the last 7 months so is unlikely to see your post

It' rather odd but AngryAndy has dragged up several old posts..
  • Alice gives sound advice.

...and I may be wrong, but I am VERY suspicious of this "newbie's" style - the polemic against the DWP...the erratic poor spelling and grammar (the mis-spelled words are not the 'difficult' ones)...and the fact that with a first post they are ranting against a long-term poster.....far be it from me to suggest it, but this seems like a somewhat familiar style of posting....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure