Peugeot window fault.

z1a
z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hi all, bought my ex colleagues 307CC, just be he retired to Greece a week ago. When you open drivers door window should drop about 20mm, then close when you close the door. He told me that this wasn't working right, and if you opened and closed the door again it would work, which it did - up until yesterday. Also since yesterday window will open in one continuous move, but when closing it it only closes in about 30mm increments, so I have to keep lifting and releasing switch.
Does anybody know if it's something I've done or not. Can't contact seller at the moment as he must have got a Greek SIM.
Knew I shouldn't have got rid of my old reliable Saab!!

TIA for any response.

Comments

• Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Peugeot.

Retired previous owner.

I reckon the battery is on it's last legs. These days window switches have to be programmed so they know where full open and fully closed is, if the battery is failing they could be losing these settings overnight.

http://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/ftopic-4743.html

If the car has been doing very low mileage, you may have just bought yourself a world of trouble.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    THANK YOU Strider.
    Did as instructed on that link - perfect now.
    No, not a low mileage car, averaged about 12k a year in the 7 years he had it. Older bloke as well who had any issues dealt with by a local garage, always serviced to schedule as well, he wasn't a penny pincher.
    I only bought it on a whim because he needed to sell on his last day in the country and I got it for £600 - virtually still showroom condition.
    Saab needed a similar amount spending on it, so seemed like a good deal.
    This site is brilliant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport