Window Replacement quote from Anglian

Hello,
I have received a quotation of £2,050 to replace windows (along with the frames) for 4 windows. 1 of the windows will be A++ rated triple glazed whilst the remaining 3 will be A rated standard double glazed.
Before committing I just wanted to check with the experienced folks here whether I am paying too much for 4 windows?
The quote was from Anglian

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Get 2 or 3 more quotes from local firms before committing
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Thanks. Yes, I am doing that at the moment. Just wanted to check if the quote provided by Anglian is realistic. the salesperson was using all the classic tricks but we did not budge. we have told him that we will get back in a few days. they then told us that their 'special' offer will be transferred to another customer. Don't care.

The quote they have provided works out to £900 for the 3ple glazed window and about £400 each for the double glazed.
  • There is a set fee to turn up, clean up, maybe scaffolding, dispose of rubbish etc So four windows at that price can not be judged because someone close had 12 windows done for £4k. I say that because I had 16 windows done for £5.5k from safestyle uk. The trick is keep refusing the pricefor about three weeks. After initial quote refusal they will phone you with some bull claiming they have some materials left over, they are in your area or they need show houses etc. so can they send another guy. He will reduce the price drastically and put you under pressure to close on the day. If you say no to him you can come back then or later with an offer 10% below his quote and they will almost always accept it as guy two has a 10% leeway.
  • x5Kit
    x5Kit Posts: 2 Newbie
    Suggest you have a look at ENTU website as I have just discovered Entu is a company website that owns 10 different marketing brands of which I believe Anglian is one. As far as I am concerned they offer vastly over-inflated prices. Shop local, use a local company for best deal and best service!
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It would appear that Entu own Zenith and Weatherseal, not Anglian - Minor detail as they both use the same sales pitch & over inflated pricing structure.

More info about Intu - http://www.entu.org/about/
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    no details given to say anything about your quote . size colour openings . inside /outside finish . location in house any issues with fit .
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • david1951
    david1951 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It doesn't matter what price a nationwide supplier can give you. Can they tell you who will be doing the fitting, and to what standard? The fact that the window is A++ won't mean much if they don't fit them properly. And if they don't, who do you complain to? The supplier will blame the fitter, who won't care about repeat business and will do their best to avoid coming back.

My advice, cut out the middle man and get three quotes from local firms. Ask to see previous examples or references and go with the one you are most comfortable with.
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Mutton_Geoff Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'd always use local firms and recommendations if possible. The big nationals are just sharks with outdated sales techniques.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport