Cheap Wedding confetti

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get cheap wedding confetti for tables i.e red hearts etc I have 40 tables to decorate and it is getting very expensive.

Thanks
Val :)

Comments

• Do you definitely want the glitter confetti? We bought flower petals and scattered them on the table it looked lovely, and much cheaper.

I attach the link to the site we used if it helps.

http://www.confettidirect.co.uk/
  • thank you for the web site, i looked at how much it would cost to use petals which re lovely, but it is working out to £160 minimum and that isn't even roses. Any other idea? We already have candles and candle holders in the middle of the tables, we are just looking for petals or confetti that does not cost an awful lot as it is all building up already.
    Thanks
    Val :)
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    when we got married, i bought crepe paper and got friends kids to cut me out hearts and flowers and stuff for the tables, looked nice, and the kids were glad to have a part in the proceedings.
  • Cariad_3
    Cariad_3 Posts: 120 Forumite
    You can also buy small heart/flower punches from any craft shop to do this.

Not sure if you have a Hypervalue (pound shop) by you as they sell tissue/crepe paper cheap or you could paint plain paper the colour of your choice and then use punch.
    Good luck with your wedding! :)
  • Apologies as I can't remember the actual site adresses, however I did find 2 sites recently which sold petals at about 1/4 of the price of the likes of confetti.com

The one I can recall the best was actually an online herb shop, but sold dried petals as well.

The other had a better range (included a variety of plants to choose from).

Best advice is to keep searching....

We plumped for dried petals in the end to decorate 12 tables. Cost around £20 as I recall.

Luke
  • anyone managed to find freeze dried petals cheap any where yet?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Talk about throwing money away!

All for a piece of paper as well.

Well, it does get the female the house, the kids etc when it's broken down so it's worth it I suppose.
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Talk about throwing money away!

All for a piece of paper as well.

Well, it does get the female the house, the kids etc  when it's broken down so it's worth it I suppose.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    dave boy... me thinks you feeling a bit hard done by.. but this is not the place to say so ..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ??? is it just me doesn't understand dave boys post
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business