Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 April 2017 at 1:52PM
    Have you had a final bill from us macman or are we waiting for the gas reading to come through? There can sometimes be delays with this but, if we still haven't had this after 42 calendar days, we'll contact the new supplier to try to sort it out.

Alternatively, have we closed to a reading you're not happy with and an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD) has been raised to re-agree this? These can take up to six weeks to sort depending on the suppliers involved.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree macman.

Malc

No bill yet Malc. E.On have not received the final electricity reading from Iresa. You have chased this with no response. You have also sent a 'suggested' reading (which is very close to the actual reading, and quite acceptable to me) asking if they will accept this, but again no response.
    I registered a formal complaint with E.On about 3 weeks ago (although it's not really your fault) and one of your complaints managers is due to call me again next Wednesday. Now well beyond 42 days; I switched on 31/1. If Iresa still have not responded, I have no idea how the issue might be resolved. Thanks for your interest though.
    PS: launch some competitive tariffs and I'll be back like a shot!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    macman wrote: »
    My one and only gas bill was also based on a CV of 40.0. I could live with that if they'd just set up the leccy meter point!

Ofgem doesn't share your view on the use of incorrect calorific values:

Compliance monitoring and enforcement

The Regulations provide important consumer protections by ensuring that all suppliers use the same methodology for calculating CV.

It is incumbent on all suppliers to take the necessary steps to ensure they meet the conditions of their licence, codes and other relevant legislation.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    brewerdave wrote: »
    The DD has been taken today as expected - should get an email asking for meter reading in about 2 days time.:)
    Looks like leccy only customers are not suffering the way dual fuel customers are !!:(
    Iresa have finally added a meter reading to my account. Not precisely the same as I submitted on the day of the switch, 0.2kWh above but close enough.

I never received an email requesting a meter reading at any time. I did submit a reading when I first logged into my account and 2 more later ones on the day of the switch and the day after the original switch date estimate. Maybe this is why I never received any email. It might explain why the reading is a tiny bit above the reading I submitted on the switch day. A fairly insignificant amount so not worth questioning.

Something that is not helpful is that there does not seem to be any projections like the bigger suppliers have available. Greenstar my previous supplier did not have this either. More basic such as bill history is all that is available.

Hopefully Greenstar will now settle the account.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    brewerdave wrote: »
    The DD has been taken today as expected - should get an email asking for meter reading in about 2 days time.:)
    Looks like leccy only customers are not suffering the way dual fuel customers are !!:(
    Wrong there I am afraid, my meter point is not set up 11 weeks in. :(
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    macman wrote: »
    No bill yet Malc. E.On have not received the final electricity reading from Iresa. You have chased this with no response. You have also sent a 'suggested' reading (which is very close to the actual reading, and quite acceptable to me) asking if they will accept this, but again no response.
    I registered a formal complaint with E.On about 3 weeks ago (although it's not really your fault) and one of your complaints managers is due to call me again next Wednesday. Now well beyond 42 days; I switched on 31/1. If Iresa still have not responded, I have no idea how the issue might be resolved. Thanks for your interest though.
    PS: launch some competitive tariffs and I'll be back like a shot!

Glad to try and help macman.

If this goes on much longer, we'll estimate a final reading based on past usage. I suspect this is what the suggested reading we've talked about is. This will be replaced once the actual reading comes through. Messy, I know, but it does move things forward a little.

It's good you've raised a complaint with us as this will now be being looked after by a Resolution Manager in the right area of the business. These have access to systems specifically to do with a change of supplier and have set contact numbers for similar advisors at the other suppliers.

Thanks for your patience macman.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • youravinalarrrf
    youravinalarrrf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 April 2017 at 4:12PM
    Iresa have finally added a meter reading to my account. Not precisely the same as I submitted on the day of the switch, 0.2kWh above but close enough.

I never received an email requesting a meter reading at any time. I did submit a reading when I first logged into my account and 2 more later ones on the day of the switch and the day after the original switch date estimate. Maybe this is why I never received any email. It might explain why the reading is a tiny bit above the reading I submitted on the switch day. A fairly insignificant amount so not worth questioning.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought electricity was only metered and billed in whole kWh therefore Iresa's system should not even be capable of accepting a meter reading with 0.2 kWh or point anything on the end of the whole kWh quantity.

I currently have an ongoing complaint with Iresa regarding this as a similar thing happened to me when they took over my electricity account. My actual closing reading with EON was 6063. This was passed to Iresa but the opening reading with Iresa which eventually appeared on my Iresa account as 6066.90 even though EON's final bill showed the closing reading as 6066 and billed me for that. So far Iresa have been unable to provide me with a satisfactory explanation for this.

It's not the money involved (which is actually in my favour) it's the principle and my stubborn insistence on knowing how it was possible for this happen.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought electricity was only metered and billed in whole kWh therefore Iresa's system should not even be capable of accepting a meter reading with 0.2 kWh or point anything on the end of the whole kWh quantity.

I currently have an ongoing complaint with Iresa regarding this as a similar thing happened to me when they took over my electricity account. My actual closing reading with EON was 6063. This was passed to Iresa but the opening reading with Iresa which eventually appeared on my Iresa account as 6066.90 even though EON's final bill showed the closing reading as 6066 and billed me for that. So far Iresa have been unable to provide me with a satisfactory explanation for this.

It's not the money involved (which is actually in my favour) it's the principle and my stubborn insistence on knowing how it was possible for this happen.

Just to confirm youravinalarrrf. As you thought, meter readings on our bills and systems are dealt with as whole numbers. A lot of meters do have digits that follow the decimal point (often in red) but we don't ask for these. Similarly with our online accounts, although boxes follow the decimal point, they're greyed out as we don't need these digits. I can't speak for other suppliers though.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • A.Penny.Saved

Yes it is and Iresa do only accept only whole meter readings but the reading shown on my account does have a decimal place.

My meter does have a clock like dial next to the digits but no one ever uses or reads that.

It looks like some average or calculated reading to me seeing as the reading with a decimal place was never provided and it is so close to the reading that I did provide. Why they did this is unknown as they did get a reading on the date of the switch so it should not of been necessary to calculate anything.
  • All meter readings have to go through a industry third party for validation before they eventually appear in your online account so that may be where these mysterious point something of a kWh are coming from.

Having said that though the new supplier must use exactly the same meter reading to open the new account as the old supplier uses to close the old account to prevent any possible double charging for the same energy.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    edited 22 April 2017 at 8:40AM
    There is something in my account which indicates what you say but it is not very specific about where it came from. The date is the date of the switch so where the hell did the decimal place come from? It seems unlikely that the third party validation company provided a none whole meter reading. Unless the switch occurs at a set time and they adjust the figures that they have to that time. :idea:
    Message next to the reading in my account:
    Deemed (Settlement Registers) or Estimated (Non-Settlement Registers)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure