BACS/standing order

Options
Hi, how do I do one of these? Want to transfer some money into my egg account and they dont teak my debit card :(.

Do I just ask lloyds to transfer from my current account to savings account quoting sort code and account number?

Will I need any identification as it will be £5000?

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do I just ask lloyds to transfer from my current account to savings account quoting sort code and account number?

Yes.

Nope
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, how do I do one of these? Want to transfer some money into my egg account and they dont teak my debit card :(.

You can do it all online, comes under the remit of standing orders, i.e. a one off standing order payment is a BACS transfer :)
  • mephisto_2
    Options
    I know I can do it online, but my lloyds account isnt online (yet!) so was hoping for something quicker. Went in today and they siad it would cost £20 so asked for a cheque book to do it that way.

Should really change banks soon!
  • Walletwatch
    Walletwatch Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, was that £20 for a BACS transfer? That's what my bank charges for a CHAPS transfer !!!
    It's always the grass that suffers, irrespective of whether the elephants are fighting or making love !!!
  • mephisto_2
    Options
    I dont know if they meant BACS or CHAPS. Got fed up as they didnt really know what they were talking about.

Looks like I am going to lose about a month of the 5.5% offer but could I open up a new egg account and get it again when this is all sorted out? e.g. close the current empty account that has been open for 2 weeks and open a new one when I have the internet banking up so I can get the full 6 months?

Any ideas? Thanks for the advice so far :)
  • johnllew
    johnllew Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Options
    could I open up a new egg account and get it again when this is all sorted out?  e.g. close the current empty account that has been open for 2 weeks and open a new one when I have the internet banking up so I can get the full 6 months?
    From the Savings A/c T&Cs:
    8. During the introductory period only one Account in your sole name may be opened, but you may open any number of joint accounts during the introductory period with another party or parties provided the joint account holders are different to other joint account holders of accounts to which you are a party.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure