ASDA Mobile Ditches Vodafone for EE

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hang up then if you can't understand us simple :silenced:

Hardly a sensible post, so one calls a help centre, unable to understand the accent, so just give up?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    "As part of the deal EE will supply 700 iPads for use by Asda staff in stores and depots.";)

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/427468/Asda-ditches-Vodaphone-for-EE-network
  • This could be interesting.

I wonder if it will be for new business only or if there is going to be a SIM exchange operation.

I can't think of an example of a Mobile Virtual Network Operator moving network.

Does anyone know how this could be done ?
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I can't think of an example of a Mobile Virtual Network Operator moving network.

Does anyone know how this could be done ?
    Lycamobile has switched networks in a number of other countries in which it operates. If you're looking at how it can be done from a technical point of view, this would be a good example to look at.
  • ZhugeEX wrote: »
    Not going to lie but i'd rather take an Indian call centre over a scottish call centre. Seriously can't hack the accent.

Ridiculous comment.
    Newish member, lover of technology and all things mobile
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    mcgills38 wrote: »
    Ridiculous comment.

How so, all I'm saying is that I can understand an easier accent easier than I can understand a Scottish accent...?
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A mild Scottish accent is probably the clearest accent in the English speaking world, unlike the accents of most Indian call centre workers who not only have problems making themselves understood to customers but also understanding what customers are saying to them. We're not talking about strong Scottish accents such as Rab C Nesbitt's.
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    NFH wrote: »
    A mild Scottish accent is probably the clearest accent in the English speaking world, unlike the accents of most Indian call centre workers who not only have problems making themselves understood to customers but also understanding what customers are saying to them. We're not talking about strong Scottish accents such as Rab C Nesbitt's.

Maybe it's just me then.

And i'm sorry for taking the thread off topic and if i offended anyone. Was not my intention to do so :)
  • ZhugeEX wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me then.

And i'm sorry for taking the thread off topic and if i offended anyone. Was not my intention to do so :)
    I don't personally have any issues with what you said in-fact with stronger Scottish accents I struggle too. I find this with some Indian, Irish, Yorkshire and Welsh accents. It isn't meant to offend it's just the accents I am used to and the differences in dialect.
  • Farway wrote: »
    Hardly a sensible post, so one calls a help centre, unable to understand the accent, so just give up?

If i can't make out what the operator is saying yes i hang up until i get someone that i can understand.
    'HAIL HAIL' :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport