Text121chat - Are they bad news?

I have got my training with them tonight, but I have had someone PM me and told me to stay away. I have also had someone else tell me they are good.

So now I am confused, has anyone had any problems or been working with them for awhile and can recommend it?

Comments

• Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Everyone is different, I started with 121 and things were ok, I learned alll about texting so it was good in that respect. Then one day part way through October last year, with about 1000 texts done, I found that I couldn't log in. I also noticed that just about everyone... all the mods and managers were showing offline on my msn. When I finally got an email through to someone I was told that it was 'probably because I wasn't going to hit 2000'.

Given that we were only half way through the month, then that was bloomin stupid, and the week before this they had asked if I wanted to be a mod!

I got a load of hassle from them afterwards, I had blocked and deleted them all on msn, but I kept getting contact requests from them and also kept getting pinged to work.

Personally I think it was because they had heard that I was about to start with another company (there are a lot of people that like to run to the boss with info in this industry), I don't think they liked that.

It is a very good company as a starter company, just make sure that you do the amount that you are supposed to do, accept meekly when you are told you have done something wrong, and don't discuss anything in your contract.

They are ok for some people, not for others, its up to you to find out which they are for you, and if you don't give it a try then you will never know.
  • hodders
    hodders Posts: 195 Forumite
    Thanks, just so long as there not corrupt or anything.
  • rayday2
    rayday2 Posts: 3,960 Forumite
    Can anyone give me more information about this been on the website and its not 100% clear what is involved.

Would really appreciate this as, as of tomorrow I could be out of work I only earn £180 but can really only work evenings or from home. Any other ideas people have would be good too please I am pretty desperate.
  • hodders
    hodders Posts: 195 Forumite
    Basically, it is a text chat service. I think it is more suited to women, but they might take men on aswell. There is more information on the Saucy new job thread.
  • I worked for these, they were my very first texting company but after stupid messages and being accused of things that I hadn’t picked up on (when I actually had and left notes in the relevant place) I was spoken to like a child, Oh and not to mention being promised a pay rise if we hit targets kept queues down etc, only for me to smash the target by double to be told we were only being paid the 5p

Avoid them if you can
    September wins: 101 Love songs album 5 cds - Bowtime Fridge magnet!? - So..? Exciting perfume Set
    October Wins: 3 x Sunsilk shower Lotion
  • I have pm you xxx
  • Hi Guys, I am thinking about starting to work for Text121 and have just received the forms.

I have never worked in the text industry before but I have worked in the adult industry. Can anyone suggest another company I could try apply to??

Thanks x
  • I have worked with 121 and as long as you keep your head down and put in 24/7 hours they *usually don't bother you, apart from pinging you and telling you off if you do anything wrong, luckily I never got that but I know they can be very harsh on some.

I am looking for work right now but will not go back to 121 for a few reasons:

1 - When I was there I was doing well over 10,000 texts per month, this wears you down! I don't care if you say 'oh I'll do 20,000 no probs' It will burn you out. This takes all of your life, you're on there all day and night, as they pay so little 3p for 2,000 per month texts that you're never going to make any good money here or with any other low paying company.

2 - If you're only on one platform (like you will be at first) it will take you ten times longer to get even your min quota, let alone anything else. I was on all the platforms and you have to work them all evenly.

If you're good on the phone, I'd do customer services, sales or PSO work above texting.

Texting used to be a really good way of making money, in recent years its gone down hill and you won't be making even min wage usually. There are a *few higher paying companies and I'm on with one of them, but it's so quiet there that even though it's higher paying you're still not even making min wage per day let alone per hour!
    ;) Thanks to TS, BM, LR and the others for great help with 'P+I' ;)
  • Eva wrote: »

121 is not a scam but they are a very unprofessional company for sure.

They won't think twice about stabbing you in the back, dropping you and keeping all your money, sometimes for no good reason at all.
    They will talk to you like your a kid, shout at you and if you annoy them enough degrade you in front of everyone.

But they are a real company, they will give you work and that work is there - whether you will be paid at the end of the month is anyones guess. I was always paid on time but I always did way over quota and never made any waves, plus I was a mod as well.
    ;) Thanks to TS, BM, LR and the others for great help with 'P+I' ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure