Car Transporter

Options
Hi

Finally found a car in Norwich. Going to test drive it tomorrow. If I like it I'll need to have it moved from Norwich to Greater London. I've put the details into Shiply.com and most quotes have come back at around £200. I think all the quotes are rather high. Am I being unrealistic?

Cheers.

Comments

• docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Do you live in GL? Stating the obvious but why can’t you pick it up from Norwich and drive it to GL?
  • Yazmina
    Yazmina Posts: 291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 January 2018 at 10:47PM
    Options
    Because I don't get on with motorways. Last year I drove 24 miles around the M25 using Google maps on my phone. Took me 2.5 hours.
  • docmatt
    Options
    I see, so when you went to test drive it you went by train or with a friend?

You could get a quote from the garage see how much they will charge to deliver it but either way £200 isnt that much on the grand scheme of things. Good luck.

Could you not take a friend so they can dive back, give them 100 quid. Can you be on the motorway as a passenger?
  • Yazmina
    Yazmina Posts: 291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    docmatt wrote: »
    I see, so when you went to test drive it you went by train or with a friend?

Exactly, but said friend can't drive and only came for moral support. Sounds like £200 might be ok ish?
  • docmatt
    Options
    Yeah go with that :cool:
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Costs us £200 to bring cars over to NI, but that's on a load so for single transport that's a good price
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure