Family things to do in Palma, Majorca?

We're going on holiday to Palma in April, but I can't find any things to do there. We are staying in Palma Bay Hotel all inclusive. there is quite a lot of us going. Has anybody else stayed in this area and know of any good things to do?
Also, I'm not sure how much spending money to take for me, my partner & our 18 month old son?
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    does rather depend on your interests!
    Have you googled? try this
    http://www.seemallorca.com/mallorca/palma
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Knowlr03 wrote: »
    We're going on holiday to Palma in April, but I can't find any things to do there. We are staying in Palma Bay Hotel all inclusive.

http://www.mllbayhotels.co.uk/que-ver-y-que-hacer.php
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Go to the beach.
    Pants
  • Cathedral Aquarium Lovely streets full of small shops, Hop on/off bus tour

100 year old train runs from Palma to beautiful Soller through the mountains- well worth the ride- can catch fast bus back fror speed

#Or pop to one of the bigger beach resorts- eg Palmanova (104 or 106 bus) Usual touristy bits there Boat trips etc
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,199
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 23 September 2014 at 9:06AM
    You do realise you are not staying in Palma city itself?

Arenal is a large resort, but not that many English tourists.

You will need to get the bus into Palma. You can then get a bus to Marineland, probably much cheaper than a trip.

I would recommend the train to Soller ( station is close to Palma bus station)

Add Have you read the Tripadvisor reviews?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g262061-d507790-Reviews-Mediterranean_Bay_Hotel-El_Arenal_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

They do seem to suggest the hotel is Adults only.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • The hotel is currently advertising a childrens pool which suggests they have discovered that all inclusives attract families with children. Arenal is historically a 'German' resort in much the same way that Palma Nova is 'English' wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I would be far more concerned that the hotel has 500 rooms which means a 1000 people looking for a meal at the same time! I love the atmosphere of Palma as a city but then I hate beaches, agree you should take the train to Soller through the mountains and then take the tram down to Puerto Soller a few kilometres further away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure