Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,726Posts
    • 45,330Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 254
    • betterlife
    • By betterlife 5th Feb 11, 3:11 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    betterlife
    hi dawn and welcome to this thread love the card x, check my homepage out for free digi stamps xx
    Last edited by betterlife; 05-02-2011 at 3:15 PM.
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • mary-op
    Laura - what a super card.............I love it Did you just randomly cut the shapes out or have a template of some sort to go by ?

dallam - lovely card - super colours

I've done a couple of Easter cards this morning -I know its early but it gave me something different to do. Cut out bunny rabbits head out of felt and stuck it on some card with some carrot embellishments I'd got. I'm quite pleased with them and even OH approves..............lol
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
    • betterlife
    • By betterlife 5th Feb 11, 3:36 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    betterlife
    georgiegirl2012, ive sent you an email, 2 files ,1 has 4 larger legomen on an a4 paper, the other is a png file with legoman on, its a transparent file so just outline of legoman, so if you try to do as you where before (putting 2 next to each other) you can literately put them holding hands if you want! you can also print on coloured or patterned paper, but dont forget legoman is also transparent. hth clair xxx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 5th Feb 11, 3:46 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Hi all,

I'm an addicted card maker and have just found this thread. I have decided to ressurect my BLOG after a year and posted a card I made last week. Bought the yummy paper from The Glitter Pot. Full details on my BLOG

Dawn x
    Originally posted by dallam20
    Welcome to the thread,what lovely cards on your blog
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 5th Feb 11, 3:49 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Just posted anoiher card made with the freebie image from betterlife.its in the usual place[thats my homepage if your a newbie]
    hugs to all xx
  • melissa75
    Managed to get through a mountain of washing today - where does it all come from??? I got round to blogging Mum's birthday card before so its on my homepage if anyone fancies a nose! Got to go and wash up now!

Betterlife- hope your DS settles better for you tonight - sounds like you've got your hands full! Am I right in thinking that you've got 4 kids??? How do you cope??? I've got 3 boys at the minute - aged 8,7 and 1 and my little girl is due April 3rd. How did your cake turn out???

Bananagirl85 - hope you have a fab time tonight, I'm sure my sister and brother are going to see him soon too.

LauraD - I think your card is great - really original and creative - love how you've used fabric for the hat, gloves and scarf.

Addams - congrats on your win - how exciting!!!!

Dallam20 - welcome to the thread! Love your card, I find boy's cards really difficult to do, but I love the bright colours on yours - especially the boat paper. I'm following you now too.
  • Laura D
    Laura - what a super card.............I love it Did you just randomly cut the shapes out or have a template of some sort to go by ?
    Originally posted by mary-op
    Thanks Mary-op and everyone else who said nice things - you guys are really lovely Nope I'm not advanced enough to randomly cut shapes I got the most basic picture of a snowboarder I could find on the web and cut accordingly - at least I think it looks like a snowboarder
  • dragonllew
    Welcome to the newbies, fab cards.
    Sorry if I haven't commented on everyones blogs yesterday and today but my finger is hurting and I having to keep it straight in a splint which is not good for typing or crafting
    Can anyone reccommend some nice male papers I have a few male cards to make in the next couple of weeks
  • Addams
    PONR - I know its a shame some of it needs to be spent on the roof, but at least I have some for stash.

Dallam - Welcome, your card is lovely, I am also a follower now too.

I was speaking to someone yesterday about cardmaking and they said 'it must save you a fortune!' Well I just burst out laughing, because I spend more on cards now than I ever did before!
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
    • kms26
    • By kms26 5th Feb 11, 5:52 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    PONR - I know its a shame some of it needs to be spent on the roof, but at least I have some for stash.

I was speaking to someone yesterday about cardmaking and they said 'it must save you a fortune!' Well I just burst out laughing, because I spend more on cards now than I ever did before!
    Originally posted by Addams
    It actually annoys me when people say things like that! Don't they realise how much things cost

Dragonllew - Wild Rose have some nice ones here and These are nice too, ooh and these
  • fluffyb
    Hello everyone

I have been lurking on these card making threads for ages now and you are all really inspiring. I love looking at what you have created and picking up your tips too.

I hope you don't mind me asking for your help on my first post

I have been asked by my son and his fiancee to make personalised thank you cards for the principal people at their wedding in May - ie the bridesmaids/flower girls/pageboy/bestmen [2!!]/the ushers and I think the 2 people giving a reading.

My problem is I am so fussy when I am asked to make cards for other people and it has to be perfect but I am totally having a card makers mental block as I cant think of any ideas to make them that bit extra special

Does anyone know of any good wedding clipart sites or have any of you made these type of thank you cards yourselves?

I have been making cards for years and have a lot of the die cutting machines - Big Shot/Side kick/Wizard/Cuttlebug/Quickutz but I am stumped for any original ideas to make them really special, original and personalised.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received and you would be my best friends forever
  • pointofnoreturn

Originally posted by Addams
    Ahhh the word 'some' makes me feel much happier!!! I'm so glad that not all of the money is going on the roof!!!!!
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 5th Feb 11, 6:11 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Thanks Mary-op and everyone else who said nice things - you guys are really lovely Nope I'm not advanced enough to randomly cut shapes I got the most basic picture of a snowboarder I could find on the web and cut accordingly - at least I think it looks like a snowboarder
    Originally posted by Laura D
    Hi Laura, your card is beautiful, love the different materials you've used x

Welcome Dallam, love your boy card

Addams, HUGE well done on your win!!!

We had a fab time at the rugby and our team won so
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
  • pointofnoreturn
    Welcome to the newbies, fab cards.
    Sorry if I haven't commented on everyones blogs yesterday and today but my finger is hurting and I having to keep it straight in a splint which is not good for typing or crafting
    Can anyone reccommend some nice male papers I have a few male cards to make in the next couple of weeks
    Originally posted by dragonllew
    Oh dear - what have you done to your finger, did I miss something on another post?? Hope it heals fast for you so you can do your crafting. Sounds painful though.
  • dragonllew
    Oh dear - what have you done to your finger, did I miss something on another post?? Hope it heals fast for you so you can do your crafting. Sounds painful though.
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    No you haven't missed anything its an old problem that flares up every now and then. My middle finger has a lump on it which causes it to curve slightly meaning that the tendons and ligaments tighten up and need to be stretched which is why I have a splint to keep it straight
  • wanna-b-rich
    Evening ladies (and gents if we have any). Just a quick heads up - there is a DT call over at Sweet Pea Stampers if any one fancies giving it a shot, details are on my blog.

Hello newbies, some fab cards and if you have a blog I'm now following.

Melissa - gorgeous card hun.

Dragonlew - ouch - what have you done?? I use Prima My Guy and Space Boy, oh and Basic Grey Archiac.

Addams
    - congratulations. I've been trying to order my craft robo for about a month, but definately am going to get one as I'm sure that I will actually save money (says she who has just ordered the new Prima stacks amongst other things!!)

FluffyB
    - if you check some of the folks blogs on here there is stacks of inspiration, plus lots of nice links to freebies. For images Google is your friend try this link
    Today I weighed in at 11st 1lb aiming to be 10st or less by August........OK the damage was worse than anticipated, Slimming World officially weighed me in at 11st 9.5lb the work starts here
    18/1 - 11st 4lb 25/1 - 11st 3lb 01/02 - 11st 2 1/2lb 08/02 - 11st 2lb 15/02 - 11st
  • pointofnoreturn
    No you haven't missed anything its an old problem that flares up every now and then. My middle finger has a lump on it which causes it to curve slightly meaning that the tendons and ligaments tighten up and need to be stretched which is why I have a splint to keep it straight
    Originally posted by dragonllew
    Oh ok that sounds painful. Hope it eases for you soon. I imagine it not easy trying to keep a finger straight.
  • dragonllew
    Oh ok that sounds painful. Hope it eases for you soon. I imagine it not easy trying to keep a finger straight.
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    Thanks doen't help that I''m right handed you would be surprised how much you miss being able to use that one finger
  • twinkledust
    Hiya everyone

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now and thought it was about time I said hello! I started card making a few years ago when I was off sick from work but haven't done that much in the past couple of years due to studying and suchlike but now plan to get back to it now I've cleared out the spare room and got all my bits n bobs back in their rightful places!! I'm gonna give scrapbooking a go also. In the past few weeks I've made a couple of nappy cakes, toilet roll cake! and love making jewellery with my friend.

Looking forward to the craft fayre at Glasgow beginning of March to get myself some new bits and bobs!! As yet I don't even own pro markers! Let the card making expensive hobby once again commence!! lol
    oh and I'm just getting used to the whole blogging thing also but need bear with me I haven't fully got the hang of everything yet....

Loving all your cards sorry for the long post.

twinkle x
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 5th Feb 11, 6:46 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Hello New Ladies, fab cards, will follow your blogs in a mo

Just wanted to say I got paid today for the Wedding Invites and the lady was soooo pleased I got a £20 tip!!!! Whooo Hooo!!! feel a little spend coming on now

Marg I have made a card for your challenge and its on my b*** hope its ok, its a bit plain and boring lol

Dragonllew your finger sound really painful x I have the Wild Rose Studio mens papers and they are nice colours and good quality.

Rainmac how are you today? I hope your cold is better.

Gorgeous cards everyone and Well Done to our winners
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

257Posts Today

1,114Users online

Martin's Twitter