Bank Coin sorting machines list - please add

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to locate a nearby bank branch coin sorting machine. I'm with FD, so called to ask. As always, customer service is ace with them, and the lady disappeared to find out how to look this up for me. First obstacle, there is no definitive list available even to staff. So, you have to specify a branch, they look it up, and read out the list of facilities. And no, it's not on the HSBC website.

Now, since these machines are free to account holders of their respective banks, I'd expect that serious MS would want to find them and use them rather than pay the recently increased commission of 8.9% to Coinstar.

So, please post the Bank name and Branch name if you have used a machine. If they can't work out how to tell us, we'll have to do it for them.
Simon
4Kwp Solar, Lux 3.6kw inverter, 2*Pylontech 3000C batteries.
EV6 on order, Zappi charger.

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I put in a suggestion for one of my local branches to have one. They phoned me and said no they won't. The town has a population of 15,000. We have 2 HSBC brances. But they won't put one coin machine in them!? Annoying or what.

There is a HSBC coin thread somewhere with machines already on there. I'll try and find it!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=549872

Found it. Read through that ;)
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Complain to the chief executive Lokolo :p
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gradgrind wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I am trying to locate a nearby bank branch coin sorting machine. I'm with FD, so called to ask. As always, customer service is ace with them, and the lady disappeared to find out how to look this up for me. First obstacle, there is no definitive list available even to staff. So, you have to specify a branch, they look it up, and read out the list of facilities. And no, it's not on the HSBC website.

Now, since these machines are free to account holders of their respective banks, I'd expect that serious MS would want to find them and use them rather than pay the recently increased commission of 8.9% to Coinstar.

So, please post the Bank name and Branch name if you have used a machine. If they can't work out how to tell us, we'll have to do it for them.
    Simon

Good idea

Natwest - Birmingham City Centre St phillips place branch (by temple row and the cathedral) has 1 in there
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • I just take the joy in counting my coin jars, I'm obsessed with it to the point of doing everyone else's jars too :D
    DEBT: £3585.91/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £635.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
  • I have fond memories of counting up my dad's coins that he used to store in an old cider bottle!
    There is a coin machine in the HSBC Colchester North Station branch. It's more of a Business branch which is why I thought it was there.
  • In Surrey, the ones I know of

Guildford (near Argos)
    Surbiton
    Kingston (both branches)

London:

Charing Cross
    Canary Wharf
    Covent Garden
    Fleet Street
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    username wrote: »
    In Surrey, the ones I know of

Guildford (near Argos)
    Surbiton
    Kingston (both branches)

London:

Charing Cross
    Canary Wharf
    Covent Garden
    Fleet Street

Baker Street (next to the Tube station)
  • HSBC Chester, Eastgate street
    Debts at LBM (May '08) £5760 - Lloyds CC £4260, Lloyds OD £1500;
    Debts as of May 28th 2011:
    Santander CC: £0.00
    Lloyds OD : £0.00
    DFW Nerd #1247 - Proudly dealt with my Debts :D Olympic 2012 Challenge #12
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    HSBC St Annes Square - Manchester
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • elliebobs
    elliebobs Posts: 453 Forumite
    Royal Bank of Scotland in Preston (Fishergate branch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure