The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Merlin annual pass half price, £75

pompeyrich
pompeyrich Posts: 3,135
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 1 January 2010 at 11:49AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Individual Merlin passes are now £75 until the 10th Jan HERE. Not a great saving on the "family pass" deals they have but if the kids in your party are over 12 then it is a good price.

Comments

• What a great buy just ordered 3 for my familly. Thanks for the initial post :T
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Some of the attractions are open in winter - I already have an annual pass but looked at the offer, and now I really want to go to warwick castle!
    52% tight
  • pompeyrich
    Forumite
    What a great buy just ordered 3 for my familly. Thanks for the initial post :T

We are lucky about an hour from Chessington and Thorpe Park, so had a few trips there, 3 day break to Alton Towers, fireworks at LegoLand were amazing. Had a day in London, London Dungeon, quick tube trip to Tussauds, then back to the Eye, had a burger then the Eye at night. Brilliant value and got us out more than if we had to pay £100+ on the day, also a good feeling that you dont have to do everything on that visit.
  • Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    I have also bought 3 of these today, but i went for the Gift Voucher @ £75 each inc free delivery which is better than having to go to the venue to collect & also you can redeem these whenever you want.

https://secure.madametussauds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10661&catalogId=14552&categoryId=15107&productId=4211000028
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • Destroyer
  • pompeyrich
    Forumite
    Destroyer wrote: »
    I have also bought 3 of these today, but i went for the Gift Voucher @ £75 each inc free delivery which is better than having to go to the venue to collect & also you can redeem these whenever you want.

https://secure.madametussauds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10661&catalogId=14552&categoryId=15107&productId=4211000028

That's probably the best way to buy them Destroyer, at least then you are not commited to a venue for your first visit. I booked last year and chose Chessington as it was our nearest park, the kids would have preferred Thorpe Park but as I had chosen Chessington, we had to go there to collect the tickets, so a gift voucher is much more convenient.
  • Destroyer
    Must i add, this offer is only on for 10 days so anyone interested should get in quick, it'll pay you back dividends over the forthcoming months & summers holidays.

(Some Parks Will Be Open For The February Half Term School Holidays 2WKS Only TBA)

A Merlin Annual Pass allows entry to Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Windsor THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures, Madame Tussauds London, Warwick Castle and The Merlin Entertainments London Eye, SEA LIFE Centres & Sanctuaries and The Dungeons.

Offer Ends 10th January 2009.

This thread should be getting a 'Sticky' & front page coverage.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Destroyer wrote: »

Does this mean you can start the annual pass when you visit the first attraction for the first time?

The website doesn't clarify whether date of issue is the date Merlin issue or the date you get it issued by the first venue.

Thanks
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • gghh
    gghh Posts: 347 Forumite
    bylromarha wrote: »
    Does this mean you can start the annual pass when you visit the first attraction for the first time?

The website doesn't clarify whether date of issue is the date Merlin issue or the date you get it issued by the first venue.

Thanks

I would like to know the answer to this too. We have Legoland annual passes that don't expire until May so I would prefer it if I could get these Merlin ones to start after that, would that be possible with these vouchers?
    I guess it's not a huge deal at this price but I don't think we would get much use out of them for the next few months anyway
  • Agutka
    Agutka Posts: 2,376
    Forumite
    Does anyone know if Chessington and Thorpe charge for toddlers - everyone else seems to let little ones in for free...

And I would like to know the answer to the above too!

I'm tempted to get myself a pass as we live down the road from Legoland and it would be nice to let my son roam around Duplo Land as I look after the babby.

Or we could just stay at home as normal...:rolleyes:
    :wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family