PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    17: ebay item sold
    18 - 19: 2 tops added to CS pile
    20: sachet of shampoo I will never use
    21: false eyelashes I have tried several times and hate
    22: finished toiletry sent to recycling
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    purplevamp wrote: »
    25) Xmas sweet packaging
    26) Amazon sale (video. Yes!!! A VIDEO!! :eek:)

Having to clear my fridge/freezer as it died on Friday and new one isn't coming until Wednesday :eek: So from the top of the fridge:-

27) Cupcake packaging (plastic ~ never resused)
    28) Cupcake box (card)
    29-32) Empty dvd cases
    33) Iron packaging
    34) Kettle packaging

Later I will be disposing of the contents of the fridge/freezer. This is stuff that cannot be saved as I have no room in our makeshift fridge to store it safely. :(

35) George Foreman grill instructions (grill went years ago)
    36) sorted out some post from last year (recycled)
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £77.55 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Been asked for flowerpots today. So 6 will go tomorrow.
    Also living out of store cupboard and freezer as the store cupboard needs sorting and at some point both freezers will need replacing.
  • WJN222
    Hi all, thread is keeping me motivated!
    23-24: leaflets for somewhere we have already been!
    25: empty pen!
    26: name badge that I have had in my handbag for over a year since a conference!!
  • Well done you!

I've only just joined and it's motivating me too. Yesterday I took some old bits of wood, a plastic shelving unit and a non working vacuum cleaner to the tip.

Today I chucked out a cardboard box from the cupboard, more dusty christmas wrapping paper and shredded some papers that weren't needed.

I'm keeping a list using a spreadsheet and when I read it I wondered why on earth I was keeping all that stuff :-)

I'm recycling, freegling and giving stuff to the charity shop as I go
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    So annoyed ds really poorly and I've been doing little bits of decluttering where I can .... well I've flippin deleted my list, so from memory

1-30 bedroom Declutter
    31-40 freezer clear out
    41-48 empty glass to glass bank
    49 & 50 different sized bubblewrap
    51 & 52 ds rotten Spider-Man and barman drinking bottles
    52 - 60 unsubscribed from unwanted e-mail mailing lists
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    I've unsubscribed from lots of mailing lists too. Nothing really decluttered this week but I've used up loads of half empty bottles of sauces and stuff like that so the fridge is now clean and tidy.
  • donnajt wrote: »
    So annoyed ds really poorly and I've been doing little bits of decluttering where I can .... well I've flippin deleted my list, so from memory

1-30 bedroom Declutter
    31-40 freezer clear out
    41-48 empty glass to glass bank
    49 & 50 different sized bubblewrap
    51 & 52 ds rotten Spider-Man and barman drinking bottles
    52 - 60 unsubscribed from unwanted e-mail mailing lists
    I've unsubscribed from lots of mailing lists too. Nothing really decluttered this week but I've used up loads of half empty bottles of sauces and stuff like that so the fridge is now clean and tidy.

I too unsubscribed from a lot of junk emails I didn't wish to receive any more. All was well for a few weeks and then over the last few days I've been receiving loads of them! Completely irrelevant ones too! :mad: :mad: :mad:

We have also being going through the herbs/spices/condiments etc. I have nearly finished a bottle of pepper that has a mill built into the lid and I threw away a very, very runny quarter of a bottle of bbq sauce that was 6 months out of date... :eek:
  • Also forgot to mention that it's not very MSE and it's the complete reverse of what this thread is about but i bought some new clothes in the sales over the last week and i bought quite a few Animal t shirts from a lady for a very reasonable price :cool:

I just had a handful of black and white plain short sleeved t shirts before that i bought in Primark and 2 black and 2 blue pairs of skinny jeans which i used for everything(going out, every day, work etc.) but i now have a few pairs of lots of different colours so it's safe to say i have bulked my wardrobe back up again and it won't look like I'm wearing the same thing all the time :rotfl:
  • WJN222
    trying to keep doing a little each day
    27: finished a candle and straight in the bin
    28: empty perfume bottle I had been keeping - for no reason!
    29: finished a perfume today and put it straight out

i wont count them but this thread being in the back of my head made me decide to open and deal with my post as soon as I got in last night rather than just adding it to the pile!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family