My Coupons from Sainsbury's closing 4th May 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a pity. Over some weeks I had 5x Nectar points for spending £20 then I selected triple points on MC. So I got 300 points for spending £20.
  • rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shame that its coming to a end and i very much doubt it will be back.

Not sure why but i get a feeling that maybe Sainsburys will end what they do with nectar sometime.

to me im getting less and less nectar vouchers in store this year and i shop every week.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm the same with till spit vouchers (Catalina) don't seem to get many. Sometimes they give vouchers for spend £x on clothing or household items - laundry, cleaning, dishes, paper towels etc and get Yp off a litre of fuel. Nine times of ten I get these when I don't need fuel. Other customers seem to get better ones for getting more for spending less. Mine is usually 8p off a litre when spending £15. Saw one customer handed a 800 point one (£4) for spending £10. The maximum I save from the fuel is £2.88 - 36 litres.

My friends who work for Sainsburys say Nectar don't understand the term top up shop. If a customer spends £40 on their main shop and £10 on a top up shop in the week, their coupons are for £50 spend.

If you do get a 5x points coupon for spending £x. If you scan it when not spent the amount, it will initially go through, but Nectar have every right to deduct these points as they can see you haven't spent the amount stated. More fool Nectar to accept them when customers not spent £x.
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My friends who work for Sainsburys say Nectar don't understand the term top up shop. If a customer spends £40 on their main shop and £10 on a top up shop in the week, their coupons are for £50 spend.
    That's because they want you to spend more on a main shop and still do a top up. Many of us do this even after a big online shop when you might have forgotten to order something or they don't deliver your item(s) as you opt for no substitute on some items. At the end of the day they want more money in their tills.
    Talking of online shopping with Sainsbury's, we used to get vouchers that can only be used in the physical shop. So annoying. This is where My Coupons was so useful.
  • JezR
    JezR Posts: 1,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well today I got a till spit indicating I would get 150 points for spending £40 over a period, no matter how many visits required. Possibly noticed I rarely do any large shops in Sainsbury these days.
  • caeler
    caeler Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm disappointed too, didn't realise it was a trial! I didn't get a till spit today - first time in a while. Since nectar points reduced, my coupons was a good way to top up.
  • Gadgetmaster
    Options
    Sad to discover that Sainsbury's are closing their My Coupons offer on May 6. No vouchers being offered any more, but unused vouchers can be used until the closing date, unless they expire before then. Hope they bring something new out to replace this, as I obtained around £200 of extra points last year, on a weekly spend of only around £60.
  • JC_Derby
    JC_Derby Posts: 806 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    also miffed with this and the fact that nectar offers now are so based on purchasing insurance or the like.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure