Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,650Posts
    • 33,874Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3799
    • MKS
    • By MKS 23rd Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 9,434 Posts
    • 145,839 Thanks
    MKS
    Morning all hope everyone is well.

Apologies to lovely MKS as I've only just found your email. I've replied now xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    No problem. x
    • altojack
    • By altojack 23rd Apr 17, 12:32 PM
    • 8,674 Posts
    • 117,884 Thanks
    altojack
    Good afternoon Elite

overload this morning trying to kickstart my mojo ain't working

Late night last night watching a dose of paranormal stuff, which reminds me, my evening out on Thursday to An Evening of Clairvoyance went quite well. I'm hoping to go to the next event in May

Sun shining now, so whatever you're doing, go easy, enjoy your day and never overspend

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in spirit, you're in my thoughts today xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 73
    In 26 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 23rd Apr 17, 12:45 PM
    • 13,713 Posts
    • 235,367 Thanks
    Snap-ant

I feel for the eBay sellers who have auctions ending today. Items are going at very low prices
    So many people can't get on to the site.
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• altojack
    • By altojack 23rd Apr 17, 12:46 PM
    • 8,674 Posts
    • 117,884 Thanks
    altojack
    I think I'll quickly catch-up before lunch this cooking for two malarkey isn't coming easy after years of cooking for many leftovers on the menu tomorrow, again
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 73
    In 26 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 23rd Apr 17, 1:03 PM
    • 2,929 Posts
    • 42,611 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    It offered 7/10/30 days so have reduced to 10 and will see what happens on the fees if I actually sell anything.

Thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Morning luvlies

Not caught up yet but remember seeing your post yesterday Anon.

I've just been on livechat with eBay for the past 20 minutes. I received an email on Friday 14/04 offering £1 selling fees for 4 days. As usual I clicked the link in the email to activate the offer and proceeded to list quite a few items over that weekend.

eBay has been down all morning so I didn't get a chance to check until an hour ago, 3 of my items have sold this weekend, 2 of them for over £30 each and one, DD2's handbag, sold for just under £100. When I checked my eBay account to see the fees to deduct from her sale, I noticed I'd been charged full price, not the promotional fee of £1 per item

While on Livechat I had to send them a screen shot from my iPad of the promotional email via use.com (never used this before) after which he concurred that due to outdated information in my browser's data, their system didn't recognise that I had accepted the promotion. What the actual Anyway, as a gesture of goodwill he's adjusted my fees so I'm about £14 up

He did say on ending the chat that in future I should visit the promotional section of my eBay account to check I have subscribed to the offer. This I suggest we all do in case it happens again.
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 23rd Apr 17, 1:37 PM
    • 15,395 Posts
    • 183,783 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning luvlies

Not caught up yet but remember seeing your post yesterday Anon.

I've just been on livechat with eBay for the past 20 minutes. I received an email on Friday 14/04 offering £1 selling fees for 4 days. As usual I clicked the link in the email to activate the offer and proceeded to list quite a few items over that weekend.

eBay has been down all morning so I didn't get a chance to check until an hour ago, 3 of my items have sold this weekend, 2 of them for over £30 each and one, DD2's handbag, sold for just under £100. When I checked my eBay account to see the fees to deduct from her sale, I noticed I'd been charged full price, not the promotional fee of £1 per item

While on Livechat I had to send them a screen shot from my iPad of the promotional email via use.com (never used this before) after which he concurred that due to outdated information in my browser's data, their system didn't recognise that I had accepted the promotion. What the actual Anyway, as a gesture of goodwill he's adjusted my fees so I'm about £14 up

He did say on ending the chat that in future I should visit the promotional section of my eBay account to check I have subscribed to the offer. This I suggest we all do in case it happens again.
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Sounds like a load of BS

but in view of this i've accepted the 50% off fees offer that came on an email this morning when the outage was on and Ive screen shot it. I seem to be screen shotting everything these days as nothing can be trusted.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • gocat
    • By gocat 23rd Apr 17, 1:38 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 50,316 Thanks
    gocat
    I knew I'd forgotten something this morning...

Happy St George's Day!

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Happy St Georges Day

Is also my 34th wedding anniversary. Would have got less for murder Say that every year lol
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 23rd Apr 17, 1:42 PM
    • 15,395 Posts
    • 183,783 Thanks
    mhoc
    also the dress I bought yesterday which was cancelled by the seller as it was already sold privately
    I've just noticed that the system is allowing me to leave feedback.I was just going to put something neutral and factual like
    'Sale cancelled by seller after payment, money refunded'
    But then none of the ratings items were relevant

So i dont think I am going to put any feedback at all
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 23rd Apr 17, 1:44 PM
    • 13,746 Posts
    • 219,467 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Starting in May 2017, readers of the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday will be able to earn Nectar points, transitioning from the Mail's current MyMail Rewards program which offers its own MyMail points currency.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 23rd Apr 17, 2:02 PM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 23,470 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Sharpies good to go.

12 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    2x Flash Liquid Bathroom Cleaner (1l) £4.00 £2.00
    2x Flash Clean & Shine Cleaning Liquid Lemon (1l) £2.00 £2.00
    2x Flash Liquid with Bleach Powerful Multi Surface Cleaner (1l) £4.00 £2.00
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    4x Pepsi Max (2lt) £5.16 £5.00
    1x Premium Microwave Double Stack Cheeseburger (228g) £1.25 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £9.50 £1.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    2x Feasters Microwave Southern Fried Chicken & Mayo Sub (149g) £2.50 N/A
    1x Feasters Premium Microwave Flame Grilled Quarter Pounder with Cheese (190g) £1.25 N/A
    1x Clover Light Spread (500g) £1.50 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £26.16 £13.00
    • tweets
    • By tweets 23rd Apr 17, 2:06 PM
    • 27,459 Posts
    • 400,699 Thanks
    tweets
    tweets was yesterday's smartest player!

again .....

29 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Well done me I am getting clever
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 23rd Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    • 27,459 Posts
    • 400,699 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

See you all later home from mums just in time for kick off

Off to watch the match
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 23rd Apr 17, 2:13 PM
    • 1,268 Posts
    • 14,169 Thanks
    Arthien
    Afternoon all!

Taking it easy-ish today after sharing a couple of bottles of fizz with a friend last night

Still hoping to get out in the garden, so much needs doing, it's definitely a retired person's garden, which I am very definitely not

Just a quick note to Emerald about the mortgage situation, I agree the mortgage board will be very helpful, in addition to all the earlier comments here, but I'd also say that it may be worth exploring loan options for the extra 20k, or comparing the cost of getting a whole new mortgage for the total amount, as I think 30k is often cited as the lowest mortgage amount that's likely to be available.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 23rd Apr 17, 2:14 PM
    • 1,268 Posts
    • 14,169 Thanks
    Arthien
    Enterprise - I thought you'd appreciate the irony of the fact my marks wardrobe has now gone up 20%, I waited too long

So now we're both playing the even longer waiting game!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 23rd Apr 17, 2:16 PM
    • 6,651 Posts
    • 53,862 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Elliechoons

And hugs for our lovely TS

Forget to mention the One4all cards were taken without a problem in the M&S foodhall yesterday. They just ask you the value of the card before the transaction
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I had problems in M&S because the item I was buying had to be less than the card value. They said their till we're not set to just type the amount in. I tried two different SA's. I had to split my shop.

Had no problems at WHS, even used one with 1p on it. I'm rid of my all4ones now.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 23rd Apr 17, 2:29 PM
    • 1,073 Posts
    • 15,504 Thanks
    scottishshortie
    Good afternoon
    Hope everyone is well have had a productive day have decluttered the room of doom aka Dd's bedroom Got rid of half of her outgrown or broken toys with her help Major step forward as she already has hoarding tendencies

Also have some Lentil Soup and some Gammon cooking so the smell from the kitchen is gorgeous
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,097Posts Today

6,365Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Off to Torremolinos? I'm filming my roadshow there next Fri 28th during the day then in Branigans at 5pm. Want to come? Let @itvmlshow know

• Follow Martin