What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 17th April

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I was up until 1am last night assembling the order of services and then ran out of ribbon, I picked up some more on the way to my mum's and did the last few there. They are now collected and I can stop worrying about them. It was a useful exercise though as the actual assembling of them took way longer than I expected so I will need to factor that into the price.

I did a small supermarket shop as we had run out of cat food again and also got various bits and pieces to complete dinners we have part of already. They had 'sharing' bags of crisps down from £1.49 to 45p, I have already eaten a bag without sharing :o

I finally got my trellis up this afternoon, after some trial and error with size of screws once I'd actually got the right size it was relatively simple and I'm really pleased with it. Tomorrow I will stain it all to match with the cupri stuff and while its out I will do the bench and another couple of coats on my pallet decking.

Another package is ready for WBB for £6.11, it's getting harder and harder to make some extra cash now, I think I will miss my £300 target though I may sell my bass. I'm not sure what it's worth, no doubt lots less than I paid for it but I've not picked it up in years so it might as well go.

The woman that bought my table on eBay turned up this morning unannounced to pick it up, if she'd been ten minutes later I'd have been out. She had messaged me last night to check I would be home 'this weekend' and I'd just replied to say she needed to be a bit more specific about time when she knocked. I'm glad it's out of the way though, I can bring my crate back in now, I always preferred it anyway!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: I'm up and the rest of the house is quite. Bliss :D not surprised I'm up early - although given my early retirement it could have been much worse :rofl: as I fell asleep at 7.30 on the sofa last night :eek: safe to say I was tired. Last few weeks have caught up with me. I went to bed about 8.15 and was restless for a while but have still had a decent sleep :D

I've already sorted what I bought back from the sale. I've picked out 6 things to list on fleabay. Rest has been packed away for next one. Sold all the big things bar my pushchair so lots has left the house :D I won't know how much I've made for a week or so but I'll be pleased with any amount to go to LPDF

£76.66 refund arrived from car tax so that will go to above when cashed as will the £5.13 'interest' repayment my cc have given me because for some reason the old car insurance company refunded me but dated the start date of the policy. It's a card I only use for spending and pay straight off so I haven't paid interest on it, but very little helps :T

Today I will also:

Make more hummus (socked chickpeas overnight, currently on stove)
    Make picnic for day out, use what's in
    Pack scooters and picnic in car and go someone we've not been for about 7 years, that's not too far away (nearest national park) for a good long walk out in the fresh air and do a reky to see if we can take our bikes next time
    Meals from stores
    Water basil plant from Friday, it's really not come back to life yet. Will pick leaves tonight if it still looks lame as didn't get round to making pesto yesterday
    See if I can list a few items on fleabay later and delist os,e that have finished
    Check April list and see what else I am going to achieve. Add more to May
    Write card from stores for friends little boy and wrap present I got in Christmas sales. Will hand deliver later in the week when I'm in the area.
    Get ready for back to school things, packed lunches and bags.

Enjoy your Sunday peeps. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 April 2017 at 8:27AM
    Morning perps :) I've been up a while - since not long after 6. Madam didn't put in an appearance until after 7.30. I took the bull by the horns and sorted out my finances. I haven't really kept on top of money this last month & it has been spendy. Because of that I have been avoiding straightening up! Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be thankfully :) Still have a reasonably decent amount of savings in our joint account due to no council tax for 2 months, no longer paying the outlaws £100 pm and reduced gc :) And even with the additional spending on gcs since becoming vegan we have kept within the £180 set aside for gcs :)

While I was at it I sorted out old receipts, kept 5 for filing and binned tons :)

We have friends coming round for roast lamb today (not for me obvs :( I think this will be my biggest vegan challenge so far!) Need to work out what time I need to put the massive leg of lamb for to eat at 2. Planning on making a vegan chocolate cake for desert :) Will peel the potatoes in a minute

a bit more garden clearing to get the garden ready for visitors ;)

I need to portion up and freeze some of the bean chilli I made yesterday

I haven't potted in the things I need to so must get on and do that! I sowed some more dwarf french beans as only 3 out of 12 germinated. I bought a new pack of seeds and they are purple ones :)

I am going to go to the allotment in a bit, when I think it's reasonable for oh to get up! Not long now then! :p I intend to sow parsnips, more beetroot & raddishes, plant about another 10 broad bean plants & start preparing for sowing brassicas as soon as my neighbour gives me the piping he's been promising! I spoke to him yesterday and he said he'll drop it round today :T

Still need to make the collars. Foxgloves no one at the allotment has a pond! I might email everyone on the mailing list & ask if they have any, but they're not good at replying! I could put a shout on the resident's group on fb/freecycle but I probably am going to have to use what I've got and wait for something to come up ;)

Bags, clothes and lunches ready for tomorrow. Determined to do this today instead of tomorrow morning as want to be as productive as possible tomorrow!

we now have a week until we go on holiday so need to start making sure everything is in place for that!

application/reading library book this evening :D

Ok that'll do!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 April 2017 at 9:16AM
    Morning early risers and all who follow!

Perps, was your sale one of the cancer research kids ones where you leave your stuff there (appropriately labelled) and they host the sale and take 25%? If I get this job I am thinking of taking all the toys/dress up stuff that I bought for my other venture to one.

I too fell asleep early last night having been up late the night before. I then woke up every two hours from 2am but luckily was able to get back to sleep.

Today I plan to paint the trellis, I'd like to think that I'll put off buying pots and climbers until payday but I can see me at the GC with a CC. I need to tell myself it needs to dry. I've decided on more white climbing roses for the seating end, there is a lovely scented D@vid Austin one that was out of stock for my barrel last year so I bought a cheaper, non DA one. I may buy the same one again so it all matches in that corner of the garden if I recognise the name (it was one of the royal residences, I remember that much!) as it is doing well.

I need to take another pack of lamb from the freezer for a roast dinner later, I will time it around the YS run as Sundays are apparently usually good plus I need sandwiches for Monday.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do with some smoked mackerel? I usually make pate but as it was YS (it's currently in the freezer) I don't want it hanging around too long once it's defrosted. I have some lovely haddock I got for 40p :T that I'm thinking of using for kedgeree at some point too :)

Have a lovely day everyone :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good Morning everyone! The sun is shinning here... for now :)

Today's little list:

- Quick wash on for some blankets. Will dry outside.
    - Got to tackle the mountain of ironing and get the kids school uniform ready
    - Complete some surveys and enter some comps
    - All meals from cupboards so a NSD today
    - Need to have a clean up downstairs and the bathroom upstairs
    - Plan to get a free 30 min workout in today
    - Won't wash my hair today

Purple Fairy would be interested to hear how your Sold sale items work as well :)

Right off to drop DD off to her tuition... it's the last one today

Have a great day!
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dear All,

Thank you for your messages and lovely words of support. My friends have been wonderful too. I am expecting to be paid for this month and 4 weeks notice pay, without the expenses of traveling to work and being at home I am hoping to stretch this further.

I have applied for a few jobs already and it is numbers game really, I have a got education and good career history to date, so hope to be able to find something. I am a single parent so ideally I don't want to work more than 30hrs, I have done full time for 3 years and it almost killed me and and I wasn't happy, but if needed I could do it again. My daughter has hospital appointments which I have to managed and working full time make this very difficult.

I have also sort some benefit advice and I am waiting for a telephone appointment to understand which are the best options for me. I have signed up as dog walker for a bit of fun and to earn some small pocket money in the interim.

Debt wise I am ok only a small amount on a CC card, so I can manage it and hopefully clear it. I have also got organised for the year already so daughters birthday gifts and party are sorted and paid for already. I have a family wedding in Sep, I bought a dress in the sale and I booked my accommodation last month, so my planning ahead hopefully has paid off.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Ziggy, I am SO jealous! :greenwithenvysmiliethroughgrittedteeth: :D

Is it the food mixer? What colour is it?

This is the beauty - I am still in shock (she's a beaut in red, step-daughter says we should redecorate kitchen so it fits in, lol, she has also told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to give it away or sell it)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212392081414168&set=pb.1144540007.-2207520000.1492949550.&type=3&theater
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 April 2017 at 7:48PM
    Afternoon all :)
    Shattered.com here, as I was awake for most of the night. I have decided to go back on my diet, as I slept better when I was eating much less - I am getting too fat again too :eek: :o

Up early for the local car boot sales, managed to buy some interesting bits to sell on :)Also a glass lampshade that exactly matches the one on our first floor landing. This means I can take down, clean and sell the one that is currently along the passageway on the same floor, which is similar but not exactly the same. I have been looking for ages for one exactly the same as either the landing or the passageway one, so I could have both matching. They are vintage, so it is not just a matter of getting another one from the same store or whatever. And the best bit is, I paid the princely sum of £1.50 for it :D I can sell the (now) spare one for quadruple that, and it will still be a bargain for somebody :)
    Written them all down in my cash book / price book so the spends are recorded and I know how much I paid for things!
    Got back and the dog had had an accident on the mat in the kitchen :(
    Spot cleaned it, gave it a good hoover, then hauled it out onto the patio table and gave it a good scrub with carpet cleaner stuff and a small brush. It was very grubby and needed doing anyway, the dog's accident at least made me get on with it! It looks loads better :) I have old Middle Eastern rugs and mats (not expensive ones, strictly junk shop versions) on my hard floors downstairs, and when they get dirty, you simply scrub them and they come up, if not like new, as good as they were before, no landfill, no need to buy new ones :DRug mostly dried in the sun, now brought it in to finish off overnight draped over the airer :)
    Washed kitchen floor while I was at it
    Ebay buyer collected an item as arranged :)
    Finished up lettuce, pea and leek soup for lunch :)
    Dinner will be from food we already have in :)New potatoes, broccoli, carrots and some salmon fillets in a lime and chilli glaze that I had in the freezer.
    Might make a cake (probably not a good idea re my diet :eek: but I am usually happy just to have a taste of something). If I do, I will use ingredients I already have :)Not done this yet, maybe tomorrow!
    DS is bringing his dog to stay for a few days while he and his GF have a short break in France. Could do without an extra dog really, after mine's performance this morning :mad: Dog now here, all quiet at the moment...

Better get on and put this car boot stuff away. I ought to list some on ebay really but this is probably unlikely to happen today :oAll boxed, though I need to carry the box upstairs. Another box of items priced up ready for sales unit tomorrow, and one item listed on ebay :A
    2 ebay parcels wrapped and ready for the post office tomorrow :)
    Looking forward to watching the Durrells shortly. I hardly ever watch TV, but thought I would give this a try :)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Afternoon all :hello:
    FvD - my mam always uses smoked mackerel with boiled potatoes and spring onions in a potato salad. It is very tasty.
    Feeling better again today and just having one last day of complete relaxation before school starts again tomorrow. I love my job but it's always tough going back after time off. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again though, just not looking forward to a 6am alarm.
    I've been to visit my mam and had a catch up with her. She's going to look after ds tomorrow for me (he's not back until Tuesday) so that I don't have to pay £25 and put him in kids club. Only condition is I need to come straight home after work - no bother, I can work from home with marking etc.
    Day 2 of diet - so far so good, but it is only day 2. You're so right Foxgloves - change has to come from in my own head - I just wish that my own head didn't hate me so much. :p
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone :wave:

More kitchen shenanigans this weekend. OH and his pa installing it. :D Still need to order splashbacks, tiles, flooring, painting, new lighting. Oooh, decisions decisions...

I need to do a ton of cleaning as everything is covered in dust now.

What else...
    - cut the grass even though I really want a gardener!!
    - dog walk - free exercise :A
    - deep cleaned hall - looks so much better!! :o
    - used discount code and cashback to buy a few things
    - complained about shopping being half an hour late - £5 credit to me :cool:
    - took stuff back we didn't need rather than just forgetting about them
    - Get some 'me time' later in the form of a bath, free book, do my nails etc. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure