Ryanair - PlusAirportLine - they cancelled transfer - I cannot get my refund!

Options
anotherday1
anotherday1 Posts: 38 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I booked a Ryanair Shuttle Transfer from Chania Airport for Sat 8th April 2017 (plusairportline.com). I booked this using my UK credit card and paid in Euros on the 1st of March. I paid in Euros because I was flying from Athens & the website assumed I was Greek rather than UK. Anyway, when I booked on the 1st of March the website did not ask for my flight details or my hotel address. I got worried and I emailed this information to them on the 6th of March. They replied by saying I would be contacted 1 week before arriving. I left it awhile and I emailed on the 31st of March and I requested my e-ticket straight away because I was leaving for Athens and I would not have access to email and a printer. I supplied my flight details and hotel address for a second time. They replied that day and said my transfer has been cancelled by the supplier and they wanted my IBAN number for a refund (whatever that is). I replied to request that they refund my credit card straightaway and I shouldn't have to supply anything. Whilst I was away I got an email requesting that I log in to my plusairportline account and supply my hotel details. God knows how I can do this, since I don't have an account with them and they haven't supplied this logon information. I can't log into a system when I do not have a username and password. I keep asking for my money back and I get no reply!

• Can anyone offer some help?

I could phone their Romanian office, but god knows how much that would cost from the UK and I doubt they would answer calls anyway!

• Should I go straight to my credit card provider (Nationwide) and ask for my money back, or maybe just claim on my travel insurance?

This doesn't seem right, because surely Ryanair (Plusairportline.com) should just refund the money I paid! I have in writing that they "cancelled my transfer on the 31st of March". Naturally, on the 31st I instantly booked with someone else, so I have paid twice.

It is only 30 Euros, but they have put me through alot of stress and hassle; plus I was forced to pay again with another supplier. Overall, it would have been cheaper simply jumping in a taxi at the airport rather than booking a shuttle transfer.

Many thanks, Richard.

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Your IBAN number will be on your bank statements. Provide them with it and they'll transfer the payment to you.

That is by far your simplest option.
  • anotherday1
    Options
    Thanks. I cannot find an IBAN number associated with my credit card, but I can find one on my current account statement. I'll supply my debit card IBAN and see where I get!
  • anotherday1
    Options
    I have had a reply. They claim it could take them up to 30 days to process my refund! Really not happy that have taken my money, then cancelled what I paid for, then I have the hassle of requesting a refund that should have been offered automatically, then I have to wait so long for my own money when money transfers are instant nowadays!

Is a 30 day wait reasonable? Are they just fobbing me off and hoping I will forget about it? Has anyone else had problems trying to get their money back off Ryanair (plusairportline.com)?
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, this long a wait is not reasonable. And if they refund to your bank account, then the sum of money will be reduced because of the foreign exchange and will be less than you paid.

As suggested above, I think that you should contact your credit card provider and ask them to cancel the transaction: that way you should get back exactly what you paid, and get it back quickly.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, this long a wait is not reasonable. And if they refund to your bank account, then the sum of money will be reduced because of the foreign exchange and will be less than you paid.

As suggested above, I think that you should contact your credit card provider and ask them to cancel the transaction: that way you should get back exactly what you paid, and get it back quickly.
    I think the OP will lose out either way as they paid in Euros. Conversion rates for the refund will equally hit a bank transfer or a card payment.

I agree with asking for a chargeback from the card issuer. It is very strange that they don't want to refund via the card as this is the normal arrangement to minimise fees or leave themselves open to a chargeback if they have sent a refund another way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure