Student finance parents income

Hi there all,

I am in the process of completing mine and my husbands income details for my sons student finance and am not sure how to work out for our income details regarding contributions to a personal pension.

It seems that this additional lump sum payment can be subtracted from our income when applying.

My husband made a lump sum payment of £12,000 net, £15,000 gross. Which figure do I subtract from our total income? £12,000 or £15,000?
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    A quick look at the form (assuming it's SFE) says to complete the gross amounts.

I found that on this form, section 12/part E/Question 1
    Instructions
    • Complete Part E in the same way you completed Part C giving gross financial details for the tax
    year from 6 April 2015 to 5 April 2016.

HTH
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    One of the questions asks for your pension contributions. So use the gross amount and then put the pension contribution in the relevant box.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • kitty5
    kitty5 Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you for your help guys:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business