Surprise trip for partner; want to present it in travel guide/book format. Help!

So I've booked a trip and planned a bunch of activities for us to do in January, but I want to present it to my partner for Christmas. Was looking online but can't seem to find anything that lets you make your own travel books cheapish. I want to customise a small book with my own photos and text explaining the trip, no more than 5/6 pages long. Does anyone know any sites where I can do this??
Thank you!!

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Travel books aren't 5/6 pages long. Perhaps look at a booklet of some sort, or failing that, do it yourself? OpenOffice (free software) has enough to make your own.

What you're suggesting isn't a book. That may be where you are going wrong.
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Buy some nice paper / card print of what you need to add. Or cut out of holiday brochures etc.

Fold the paper in half and stick down the pictures with pva or glue stick.

Fold card in half and add to outside.

Fine some nice twine - poke three hold in all of the pages and sew together.

Called pamphlet stitch a very simple book binding technique. Google and look in you tube.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    How about a photo book from any of the online photo companies. We did something about a holiday for a school project once, included photos, scanned pictures, text etc. This time of year they all have offers on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure