ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    lucypuppy wrote: »
    But 4 hours to grant a deferment? WOW . Could they finally have gotten their act together this year?
    The quickest (paper - don't know anyone willing to use portal) deferment I know of with this shower of shysters was within 24 hours, so 4 hours is the new benchmark for both paper and online applications. Scanned payslips uploaded via the online portal must be poorer quality than photocopies sent through the post, so at least that's one of Arrow Global's delaying tactics in tatters.

I received my DAF on Friday, one week late. Same delay as last year - paperwork printed on 13/4, covering letter dated 14/4 (but also printed 13/4), received by snail-mail 21/4. Why not send it out first-class on the day of printing, so it arrives on time? Or if that's too much of an ask, set the print-run one week earlier? Easily sorted and would do wonders for Arrow Global's reputation I'm sure... they abide by the 8 week rule and also have more time to process the DAF - a win-win for their reputation really.

It's a new DAF, now 1 sheet of A4, double sided, plus less than a page of additional information, about supporting evidence required and a bit on additional benefits. NOTHING on data processing/sharing. So it's similar to the SLC's old paperwork ... maybe Erudio/Arrow Global felt bad about killing all those trees with their 6 page DAF and 20 page 'how to' guide? There's a copy of the new paperwork here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u5q25dcxpkqyo4b/AACABgKydzrkoFrTN-eA3pypa?dl=0

The DAF took 5 minutes to complete, but there are a couple of things worth pointing out. Section 1 asks you to confirm that the name and address on the covering letter are correct, you only complete this if they need to be updated. I was [STRIKE]paranoid about[/STRIKE] wary of sending a DAF that doesn't actually have my name and address on it, when Arrow Global think it's necessary to now cover this at section (e) of the declaration (wasn't part of previous DAFs). Just looks and feels dodgy, so I ticked 'yes' at section 1 of the DAF and filled out my name and address anyway. I did score through a wee bit of section e) too but I can't see how they can argue with adding your name and address to a DAF!

There's a QR scanning-type-thingy (square to the left of the wise Erudio owl), which I've blanked out on the Dropbox copies as I'm guessing it's unique and used by them to identify my account. The square is on page 1 and page 3 (additional info), but not page 2 containing the declaration/signature, so I added their 16 digit reference number at the top of the page and also wrote my 3 original loan account numbers under my signature (remember those, i.e. the original loan agreements we signed up to?) They don't appear on any paperwork from Arrow Global now, so there's no harm in reminding them.

3 versions of the DAF in the 3 years Erudio/Arrow Global have owned the loans... I'm sure they'll get there eventually ;)
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I seem to remember they consulted over v2 of the daf, looks like they didn't bother with v3.
  • anna2007
    Options
    Yes, it's in the SPA that BIS/DfE must approve any revisions to the DAF, could have been done behind the scenes?

It's clearly just a rubber-stamping exercise anyway, otherwise how can the Government justify agreeing to the 26 page monstrosity with all of the data processing crap, versus this new 3 page one?
  • martybhoy79
    Options
    sent off my deferral form over a month ago recorded delivery no response yet! assuming they ask for more info or have knocked it back ? how long do they normally take to get back to you ?
  • Sarebear78
    Sarebear78 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    sent off my deferral form over a month ago recorded delivery no response yet! assuming they ask for more info or have knocked it back ? how long do they normally take to get back to you ?

I have actually been deferred (phew) and it took about 2 weeks from the day they received it. Best of luck x
  • anna2007
    Options
    Their covering letter with the DAF states 28 days to get back to you. Make a formal complaint now, to get the clock ticking for a complaint to FOS (anyone whose DAF was late can get a formal complaint in straight away, tie it in with getting deferment in time, which puts pressure on Arrow Global to process the DAF before deferment end date, as they only have 8 weeks to sort out the complaint).

Here's another idea - address the complaint to both Erudio - complaints@erudiostudentloans.co.uk - and Arrow Global - customerresolution@arrowglobal.net - and say you're officially opening a complaint, but because Arrow Global administer the loans on Erudio's behalf and Arrow are the FCA regulated firm (Erudio are now exempt from regulation), you'll be seeking advice from FOS on who the complaint should be directed to - if Arrow Global think their complaints record will take a hit, it might be enough to put a stop to any delays and messing people about? Arrow's complaints data is here, apparently they resolve nearly half of the complaints within 3 days.

It's taken a few days for Erudio to confirm my own deferment the last 2 years, someone on here reported 4 hours. Sarebear's recently been deferred in good time. A trained monkey could check the submitted evidence to the declared income in 5 minutes. They're at it if you've not heard anything a month after applying.
  • Bungaroosh
    Bungaroosh Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To those who received the "we haven't received your online deferment" letter: what did you have to do to get them to send out the DAF through the post?

I really don't want to have to phone them and I will not be emailing them as I don't want to disclose any email address to them as I want to keep everything in writing and have a paper trail and record of all my dealings with them.

I would consider sending a postal request for the DAF as part of a formal complaint though as this is a devious tactic of theirs -- sending out such a letter. My first thought when I read it was "Oh heck, have the forms got lost in the post?" but then of course this has been their tactic with everyone this year. Gits.
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    anna2007 posted a downloadable version of the DAF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/100mr3tdtp0xr8z/Erudio%20New%20DAF%20Blank.pdf?dl=0

Make sure you put your account numbers in the boxes and such things! But maybe someone can just confirm this is still ok to use.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just create a throw-away email account with gmail or whoever.
  • Bungaroosh
    Bungaroosh Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks erudiod (and further heartfelt thanks in particular to you and anna2007 for your dogged determination in holding Erudio to account over the years since they bought these loans at a car boot sale, and for keeping people informed of developments).

I am curious to know though how people got this year's form in the first place. Wait for them to send them after the "haven't received your online deferment" letter? Have to phone them to get the form sent?

Remember how straightforward this whole exercise was in the SLC days ..? Sigh ...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback