Captcha !!

I was reading on the feedback forum about the new CAPTCHA malarky that MSE have going on at the moment.

Yesterday I encountered it for the first time.It was pretty straight-forward: ticked a box confirming "I am not a robot".Job done.

However,tonight,I spent about15 minutes composing a response to a post on a thread I am on.Just incase,I copy/pasted it (a couple of times!!),then pressed "submit".Oh my!!Not just a tick-box exercise,but a collection of 8 blurry photos,with the instruction to tick the ones that contain a street sign :eek:.The first time I attempted it,the page never reloaded,apparently the second time I tried it,I got the answer wrong.

I then went to another version I had C+P'd,tried again to post,and finally got an " I am not a robot" tickbox,which worked.

So I am wondering,is this a permanent feature of MSE,or is there bugs in the system that just need to be ironed out?My computer is very slow (probably because I have many many windows open at once :o),so I am not sure how much more I can take of spending10 minutes to post something I have already taken 10 minutes to compose.

The CAPTCHA page mentions running anti-virus program.If I do this,will I be able to post without all the other malarky first?

Thank you.
SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

Comments

• coolcait
    coolcait Posts: 4,803
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    It's really irritating, MSE.

I could just about live with having to click the boxes which contain road signs (is that just the actual sign part, or also the post part?)or window blinds or trees or whatever the captcha imps choose.

Having the screen go blank, and losing your draft post, after you've dutifully clicked. That's beyond irritating.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,860
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    sarah1972 wrote: »

Ahh,so MSE has been made aware of the problem for nearly 2 weeks.That's good-I am sure they are working on it by now.
    Thank you Sarah
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would assume it's an anti spambot system , the script will not cope with varied steps or the captcha
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Ahh,so MSE has been made aware of the problem for nearly 2 weeks.That's good-I am sure they are working on it by now.
    Thank you Sarah

I wouldn't bet on it. The forum is not a priority for MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure